Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Function Not Triggering on Automated Transition

Matthew Goldsmith March 13, 2019

At the request of one of my users, I'm exploring security levels on issues for the first time. They want all issues submitted to the Jira Service Desk project they run to have a security level set so that only they can assign issues to their subordinates. That's easy enough, I accomplished it by simply setting a default security level on all new tickets. 

However, things got more complicated when the user asked that this security level not apply to tickets created by other members of the service desk team on this project, so they don't have to wait to be assigned tickets that they themselves created. I tried to have this happen by creating an automation rule to automatically transition tickets created by a member of that project to the New issue state, along with a post function on that transition to clear the value of the Security Level field. The problem is this only works part of the time.

Whenever I manually run a ticket through workflow and the transition in question, the post function runs just fine and the security level is cleared so anyone can see the issue. Whenever the automation rule automatically transitions the ticket, the post function does not run and it remains invisible to everyone not in the appropriate security group. Have any of you seen this or a similar issue/know what could account for it? 

PS: The automation rule runs as the same service account I'm using to manually test workflow, so I don't believe this is a user permissions error. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Goldsmith April 10, 2019

Switching to using the Scriptrunner addon fixed this issue, mostly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events