Portal only users password management

Dear Community,

When I am adding users to a certain client portal, I usually go to "Customers" and then simply add the e-mail addresses.

I learned this is automatically crating a Portal Only account for the users. 

However, I still have to manually assign a password via User Management by going to the users and selecting "Change Password" - even though there hasn't been a password given in the first place.

Then I'd manually create passwords for the user(s) (sometimes 5-10 at a time for a new customer portal) and send them their passwords per separate e-mails.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thansk

Jen

1 answer

Hi Jennifer,

Another option is allowing users to create the account themselves (if your organisation allows to have a public Service Desk).

No hassle for you and they can choose their own password.

There's more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/set-up-customer-permissions-732528940.html

The way we have it set up is that anyone can see the JSD, but they need to create an account to raise requests.

In the customer permissions, we have selected the option 'Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal'.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Feb 02, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

What are the must-have addons?

Hi all, We are trialing Jira Service Desk for a large-ish, flat, team-based organization where members can serve on multiple teams. A few needs that are not out of the box... Assigning i...

908 views 12 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you