Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission scheme error after creating nested user group

Thomas Balasch October 29, 2018

Hey guys,

I created a group which holds all basic user groups for our foreign subsidiaries. If a new user logs in the first time, he gets assigned to a user group by country. Our users a stored in directories for each country (MS Active Directory, read only, with local groups). 

So i created said group which again holds all those groups. After creating and adding it to project customer role and therefore also the permission scheme, everything was working.

Until I got a configuration error the next day, which I can't get rid of ever since. 

The permissions the message is telling me to set are explicitly set that way and shouldn't be changed. So I don't really get why Jira is throwing this message at me, because there a no collisions with any required default-permissions.

So any ideas? I already tried removing the group from the role...without any luck.

Best regards Thomas

permissions_scheme_error_jira.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

This warning tends to show up when you have modified the permission scheme of a service desk project in a way that Jira has detected this could effect the way Service Desk was designed to function.

Rather than try to customize the permission scheme for this project with specific groups or individual's accounts, it would be better to use the project role instead.   This way should the group or individual account suddenly be deleted from Jira, it won't cause a potential problem in regards to assessing permissions. I have seen that issue in the past where it can cause real problems from an admin stance to manage.

All I would expect you to need to do would be to go into the project admin page, select users and roles, and then add this specific group to the 'Service Desk Customers' role.   This way members of that group will have access to create service desk requests via the customer portal.   I suspect that is all you need to do to let those users create service desk requests.

After that is done, try to click the 'upgrade permission scheme' button to revert the permissions there.

If you're still seeing this warning, I would be interested to take a closer look at your permission scheme in use for this project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events