It's been a while since I posted this question.... help? please? :-(
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've had no luck finding a solution that matches my case...
Using Jira Service Desk only (I don't have Software) - a customer creates a request for a new system implementation. Upon approval a post function creates 10-20 subtasks and assigns them to a member of a team to work on.
Since subtasks can't be seen by the customer (no Request Type attributable to the subtasks), but the parent task can, how do I update status, showing percentage complete, of the parent issue as team members complete the subtasks?
I don't, necessarily, need time tracking per subtask adding up to equal the parent's overall time estimate -but something as simple as "if this subtask is complete, subtask 1 of 10, show the parent as 10% complete." Then, with each subtask's subsequent completion, "add" another 10%/ea to the parent's completion percentage.
Assuming there will be several of these requests in-flight at once, is there a way to provide a report to the customer showing all their issues (parents) with each issue's individual percentage complete? And what break-downs might be available to the customer, as the subtasks won't be visible?
Thanks so much for your question. Currently, we don't support this functionality.
We're always working hard to improve Jira Service Desk for every user, by balancing the short and long term needs of our customer base.
If you feel like this is something we must address, please raise a request with Support <https://getsupport.atlassian.com>.
Jira Service Desk
Thank you. I was able to do something similar, with help from the forums, calculating the percent of the parent task complete based on its number of sub-tasks which are complete.
This gets me where I need to be, so the percentage complete based on percent of each sub-task's completion is a nice-to-have at this point, but not a need-to-have.
I used a calculated custom field (using SIL script) to count the number of the parent item's sub-tasks, then count the number of those that were in "Done" status.
Percent was calc'd: (DoneSubTasks / TotalSubTasks) * 100)
Actually, the formatting of the returned value removed the need for the * 100.
Details are in the question I asked here:
Hello Insight users, As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials and we want to hear from you! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event