Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Email Notification on Issue Resolved

Dan Taratuta April 30, 2018

I am not receiving emails when a ticket is resolved.

I AM receiving them when the issue is created.

Both notifications have the same setup where i have a single user receiving the notification and it failing to send an email.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Hello,

Kindly check that you set correct receivers for the Issue Resolved event in the project notifications scheme.

2018-04-30 11_41_50-Project Sherman Wells Helpdesk - Notifications - Sherman Wells JIRA.png

I have the same setup for both and I correctly receive them for issue created but not for issue resolved

heee.png

Like mb likes this

From the notification checker it says i should be receiving the notification

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Kindly have a look at the transaction where you resolve issues. In the list of the post functions there must be thrown the Resolve Issue event.

Where would that be located?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

When you resolve an issue, you use a button (it is called transaction). You have to figure out the workflow, to which your issue belongs (use View Workflow button in the detailed issue view). Then go to the project configuration and choose the  Workflows menu. Find the required workflow and open it. Find the required transaction (the name of the transaction equals to the button you push, if you want to resolve an issue). Then open the list of post functions and have a look at the thrown event. You can find more info on how to manage workflows here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/working-with-workflows-828787890.html

testtt.png

My button clicks are 'Assign to me'

'in progress'

then 'resolve this issue'

I went through the work flows and i am still not seeing what the issue is

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

You should open this workflow in the worflow designer and have a look at the post functions for the Resolve this issue transaction.  My list of post functions looks like this:

Selection_052.png

It means that in my case the Generic Event is thrown. That is why the Resolved Issue notification will not work for me. I should add users to the Generic Event , if I want to receive a notification.

Thank You!

Why would it be 'Generic' as the default?

So by default even though there are things listed under notifications they don't send them anywhere?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

Notifications are sent only if the proper event is generated in Jira. You need to generate the Closed Issue event and Resolved Issue event yourself in a transaction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events