Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing some SLA measurements in a project

Tomáš Zikmund May 9, 2018

Hi guys,

we are experiencing wierd situation when some tickets in a project doesn't display SLA although it is properly seted up. All the tickets in the project share the same workflow and the same SLA metrics. Some of them have "Time to resolution" SLA displayed, some of them not. I can't findout where is the problem. Any hints?

Thanks a lot for your your opinions.

SLA.jpgqueue.jpg

4 answers

1 vote

It looks like i got some progress. I thought earlier that i moved the issue into initial state  and tried to go through the workflow again, but i noticed that i moved them only to state "Otevřený" (open) which is state where should start Time to resolution SLA. So i changed the workflow again and moved the issue into initial state "Nový" (new) and when i swiched the issue to state "Otevřený" (open) the Time to resolution SLA appeared. This works also with other issues. The question is how this happen?

But the SLA timer begun counting from this point regardless of the history of the ticket

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2018

Given all the latest info here is my theory and recommendations.

Theory: somehow,e.g. workflow change or bulk move, certain issues changed status without going thru the start trigger so they simply never met the criteria to start counting. At this point I’m not sure it is worthwhile beating your head over figuring it out 

Recommendation: run like this for a few days where new issues run the full WF cycle. Monitor each new issue as it moves from New to Open to ensure SLA starts. If it doesn’t then we should be able to zero in on the cause when it occurs. If all SLA start then let it be. 

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2018

Did you have tickets in your Service Desk that were closed before you configured the SLA?

Another possible cause is that some were closed already before you introduced the SLA. And SLA only gets (re)calculated for open issues.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

That was going to be my second suggestion after seeing the workflow! Great response. The only thing is, the dates are not consistent with this theory. 

SLA was seted up before we started using the JIRA service desk.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

The first question based upon images - Are all issues of typed Incident? Your SLA is only set up for that issuetype. 

Yes, i forgot to mention it, all of them are incidents.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

Do you have any addons installed? I have seen this occur when there are compatibility issues with addons.

the other thing to look at is the history and transition tabs of two issues, one that displays and one that does not. Look for any differences that might explain the cause. I’m assuming they all go thru the initial start status?

I did research of tickets history, tried to find some clues but found nothing unusual. All of these tickets has initial start status. I also tried to create a new ticket and go trhough step by step as it is in original ticket history which doesn't display the SLA. This simulated ticket displayed SLA properly.

Bellow is screen of our installed add-ons.

add-ons.jpg

I even tried to change workflow and get the ticket without displayed SLA into open state and went trhrough the wfl again to final state. It also doesn't help.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

The only thing I can think of at this point is an addon conflict and I would go thru and start disabling one at a time to find the culprit. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like you can cause the problem on-demand so it might be worth trying to find the recipe that will allow you to reproduce the issue so you have a definitive test case.

Other troubleshooting tips:

• Did the issue start recently? Associated w/ an update of Jira or an addon?
  • Is this occurring on other projects?

Maybe others in the Community have some thoughts they can add.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

as a test - you could add 'reopened' transition (if you have it) to the Start then reopen one that does not have SLA and see if it then starts. 

I already tried your last recommendation, unfortunately it doesn't helps. We are experiencing it on 3 of approx 13 projects. Each project has the same workflow and SLA (only SLA hours are differente).

Thank you for your time, i'm going to do more research.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

Hey @Tomáš Zikmund

Could you post an image of the Incident workflow please? 

Are there any validators, post functions, conditions? 

Time to resolution SLA should start at state "Otevřený" (open). From state "Nový" (new) to state "Otevřený" (open) is Time to first response SLA which works fine.

At these states aren't any validators, post functions or conditions.

Here is our Incident workflow

wfl.jpg

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2018

Do you know the time to resolution on the issues that are not displaying the SLA? All of the issues with SLAs in your screen shot are within limits; It would be interesting to know if the issues without SLAs went over.

-Scott

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

i would assume that the sla timer is not showing in the view issue screen as well but certainly that should be checked since it is but an assumption. :-)

Yes, the tickets are closed without SLA breached

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events