Mail problem: REJECTED The message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail.

Hi,

We are using Lotus Notes, i have configured the email for JIRA and it's work (almost) very well.

BUT: I have added a RULE to an email: send all docs to jira@mama.zz and in the journal i have the message: REJECTED The message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail (no new request in JSD):

18/août/15 11:19 AMREJECTEDThe message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail.Oliviu.Nita@mama.zztest deviation mail with email ruleFiltre SD de réponse automatique

When i activate the Forwarding, no more errors and all the emails arrive in JIRA as new request:

18/août/15 11:42 AMSUCCESS Oliviu.Nita@mama.zzsecond test with forwardingGestionnaire de courrier du service d'assistance

I have rererersearch over Atalssain and Internet and nothing popup...

I really need to use the rule function (push mails to jira@ because we have several systems that relay on that.

Now we are using Synesys and to configure from who receive or where send mails was a breeze. 

Hope i will receive the fix.

Cheers,

Oli.

1 answer

1 accepted

FIX by Watania Daniel 20/Aug/15 7:27 AM Hi Oliviu, Great then, because you can achieve this. Basically, there are three filter that came together with Service Desk. These filter will filter out spam, auto-reply and emails that come from JIRA. In your case, based on JSD-1924, to disable the filter for filtering out auto-reply email, please perform the following: Disabling SD Module Navigate to Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons Look for JIRA Service Desk plugin and expand the section Expand the XXX of XXX modules enabled Disable SD auto reply filter module sdAutoReplyFilter for messages with a different value than "no" set for the Auto-Submitted header Restart JIRA After that, try this behavior again, and verify whether the auto-reply email is being picked up or not Let me know how it goes. Cheers, Daniel

Hi, I tried this setting but currently it say "Module cannot be modified" Is there any way to disable this filter?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

795 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you