Mail problem: REJECTED The message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail.

Oliviu Nita August 19, 2015

Hi,

We are using Lotus Notes, i have configured the email for JIRA and it's work (almost) very well.

BUT: I have added a RULE to an email: send all docs to jira@mama.zz and in the journal i have the message: REJECTED The message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail (no new request in JSD):

18/août/15 11:19 AMREJECTEDThe message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail.Oliviu.Nita@mama.zztest deviation mail with email ruleFiltre SD de réponse automatique

When i activate the Forwarding, no more errors and all the emails arrive in JIRA as new request:

18/août/15 11:42 AMSUCCESS Oliviu.Nita@mama.zzsecond test with forwardingGestionnaire de courrier du service d'assistance

I have rererersearch over Atalssain and Internet and nothing popup...

I really need to use the rule function (push mails to jira@ because we have several systems that relay on that.

Now we are using Synesys and to configure from who receive or where send mails was a breeze. 

Hope i will receive the fix.

Cheers,

Oli.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oliviu Nita August 19, 2015

FIX by Watania Daniel 20/Aug/15 7:27 AM Hi Oliviu, Great then, because you can achieve this. Basically, there are three filter that came together with Service Desk. These filter will filter out spam, auto-reply and emails that come from JIRA. In your case, based on JSD-1924, to disable the filter for filtering out auto-reply email, please perform the following: Disabling SD Module Navigate to Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons Look for JIRA Service Desk plugin and expand the section Expand the XXX of XXX modules enabled Disable SD auto reply filter module sdAutoReplyFilter for messages with a different value than "no" set for the Auto-Submitted header Restart JIRA After that, try this behavior again, and verify whether the auto-reply email is being picked up or not Let me know how it goes. Cheers, Daniel

Makoto Taguchi July 10, 2018

Hi, I tried this setting but currently it say "Module cannot be modified" Is there any way to disable this filter?

1 vote
Paul Cudina August 9, 2021

This can be done using the following link:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1924

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events