Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Best Practices when implementing a Service Desk for a specific application

David Hopkins May 13, 2019

We are about to release an application to the public. This app will be first be Web based and we will next branch out into mobile. We are currently in Beta and using Service Desk via our companies own installation of Atlassian suite. 

Im looking for the most efficient and cost effective way to set up a Service Desk in the domain built for the application we're launching.  newdomain.com/servicedesk for example.

I would like to have it open to "create your own account" as needed but I don't want to pay for every account created, and I would like to have this system "talk to" or "update" our main Jira SD install so that when we escallate bugs they would be sent to the Dev Team in their standard Jira instance.

Im looking for suggestions, and guidance here, as I can't seem to find any setup like this in the docs. 

Way back when we first started with Atlassian I recall hearing that there was a way to install Service Desk using our existing license, and not having to pay for the public users, but I cant find that anymore. 

Thanks in advance... 

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

You only pay for licensed accounts. Service Desk introduces the concept of Customers who can be invited to a Project or can self-register to one that is open. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/set-up-customer-permissions-732528940.html

There are plugins you can use like Backbone that can sync issues even across multiple instances.

David Hopkins May 15, 2019

Excellent Michael, we are currently running a SD using the Customer Account model, and it's working well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events