Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira admin users deleted by confluence when running connectivity test

alex farrington January 26, 2018

we have created a service desk instance, added multiple admin accounts and all working ok. When trying to link Confluence, it runs a network connectivity test, and somehow wipes all admin users from the DB, meaning we then cannot log in.

All accounts are somehow deleted, meaning the only option is to recreate Jira from scratch. this is the 4th time we've now had to re-build Jira because of this. i can see no reason how running a connectivity test between conflence and Jira should be able to delete active admin accounts.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

Do not touch an Atlassian system's database while it is running.  Especially not with a root account.

thanks for reply, this is all new systems for me, so need a bit more guidance here please if possible.

This is the confluence front end system simply checking the db, so why would this action somehow wipe out all users configured in the mysql db?

how would confluence connect to jira without the db running? would a read-only account be the way to go?

we're using the below versions of each....

MySQL ver.5.7

atlassian service desk ver. 3.10.0 (x64)

confluence ver. 6.6.2 (x64)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

No, the confluence front end does not have any "network connectivity test" like that.   I don't know where you're getting that from.

Could you explain what you are actually doing and what you see on screen?

0 votes

network connectivity test should read "[runs a database check using a root account", then at this point all users in the jira admin group in mysql are erased

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events