Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Send a request to other team

zoha khoshnoodi August 12, 2018

I want to know how can I do something like this in jira service request ?

I had 3 team in my jira :

First team is just customer that can create request for second team.

Second team is a team who get first team's requests and answer them and also create request for third team .

Third team get second team's requests and answer them.

There is a condition that first team can't request to third team and any of the third team's member are in second team.

Sometimes after second team check the first team request , know that they can't solve it themselves and need third team's help. 
Is there any way for it? just send a specific request to other team, without change it to other type like task or bug?
I need to keep the request secret then I want to keep it in service desk type not software or business. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2018

How do you destinguish ownership between team 2 and team 3 within JSD? It sounds like ownership is defined by the issuetype? If you want the reassignment to be automatic then there has to be some change by the team 2 assignee that results in reassignment. For example here are some possible solutions:

• team 2 assignee simple reassigns the issue to a team 3 agent
  • team 2 assignee transitions to a new status, e.g. Escalated and this new status results in moving the issue to a new ‘team 3’ queue. It is up to team 3 to monitor the queue.
  • similar to the second option you could use a custom field rather than a status.

now you mention keeping the request secret so it sounds like you may be trying to  create a new issue when escalating to team 3? If that is the case you will need to have a separate project for all team 3 issues. You can use the above ideas and leverage automation addon to create this new issue.

zoha khoshnoodi August 13, 2018

@Jack Brickey

I think, I can't ask my question well.

team 3 is an agent that answer team 2 request and also team 2 is another agent that answer team 1 request. reason for create this 2 agent is that I don't want that team 3 can access all team 2 's request. I want to send just some specific requests, that team 1 ask team 2 and team 2 can't handle it, to team 3.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2018

@zoha khoshnoodi, I understand your scenario or believe I do. It looks something like this:

their are three groups in your situation:

• Customers - open issues only
  • Tier 1 agents - work Customer issues and escalate to Tier 2 if necessary
  • Tier 2 agents - work on escalated issues

Assuming this is accurate, what I conveyed previously would be my recommendation. You should create a separate ‘escalated’ project and have the Tier 2 agents have access to only this project. Tier 1 agents can have access to both if desired. Tier 1 agents open linke issues to the escalated project. Configure automation to have the tier 1 issue closed when the tier 2 issue closes if desired. 

zoha khoshnoodi August 14, 2018

@Jack Brickey
What do you mean by ‘escalated’ project?
Do you say that I should create a SDP that both agents can work on it? if your answer is yes isn't any way to have two different projects for this 2 agents?

or do you say i should do something like this link ? if your answer is yes i should ask isn't any way to link request of SDP to other SDP not Software Project?

*SDP = Service Desk Project

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2018

@zoha khoshnoodi, I simply used the term escalate as an example as your scenario is very similar to others where a tier 1 user can’t solve the issue and needs to escalate it to a Tier2 or Tier3 support engineer. Normally the escalation would simply occur in the same project however one of your requirements was to keep the second issue secret.

yes the link is what I’m referring to and yes you can link to another JSD project instead of a JSW project. Have you tried this and been unsuccessful?

zoha khoshnoodi August 14, 2018

@Jack Brickey, yes I tried this and been unsuccessful.

Because in my scenario I had 2 JSD project : 

Project A : team 1 (Customers) team 2(Agents)

Project B : team 2 (Customers) team 3(Agents)

any members of team 3 can't see any issues in Project A, then even if I can link service request on there, they aren't accessible for team 3. and another problem is that any members of team 2 can't even see Project B in their project list because they are just customer of this project, then they can't even link their issue to Project B.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2018

I’m getting a bit lost here but the bottom line is if you want agents of project B to work on issues raised by Customers of project A then you must do one of the following:

• make team 3 agents of project A and simply assign the issue to them
  • move the issue from project A to project B
  • create an issue in project B and link to the issue in project A

from what I can tell here the third option is the way to go in your scenario. You will need to make team 2 agents of project B so they can create the link I believe.

zoha khoshnoodi August 17, 2018

@Jack Brickey thank you for your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events