Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Incoming Mail Handlers Not Running

Hairuddin March 1, 2018

I've setup incoming mail handlers in Jira Administration > System > Mail > Incoming Mail.

The POP Mail Server tested fine, and I add incoming mail handler for "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue". In the incoming mail handler, I set it to create new user if the email coming from an unrecognised address.

When I send an email, new user created, but no issue created. When I read the log, it said that the new user not assigned to any application.

How I setup to assign an application to new user? (I have Jira Software and Jira Service Desk installed in one server).

Recently I changed the incoming mail handler, I'm using local files instead of pop server because I only have one email address to catch everything. The test was successful, "Found 2 message(s) in the /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/mail/servicedesk-mail/am-new folder". But it never process any new incoming mail, it listed in "Services" running every 5 minutes, but it never execute anything, no log or information that the service executed.

• handler: Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue
  • handler.params: project=AM,issuetype=10101,bulk=accept,createusers=true,notifyusers=true,ccwatcher=true,ccassignee=true,stripquotes=true
  • subdirectory: /servicedesk-mail/am-new

Anyone know how to setup incoming mail in Jira Service Desk?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2018

First you need to define under which user your mail handler tries to create an issue. Then you can include this user to a group , which is defined for your application. You can find the defined groups in the Application -> Application Access menu. 

Hairuddin March 2, 2018

I choose to create new user if sender email not recognised. The default reporter option was not present when I click the check box to create new user option. When I see an option like this, I tend to think that the user automatically assigned to Jira Service Desk application because at the top of the form I choose a Service Desk project.

This is the screenshot when creating incoming mail handler:

From this:

jira1.PNG

If you choose "create new user":

jira2.PNG

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2018

Have a look at the default setting for a new user and make sure the user is granted Application access to Service Desk.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-application-access-744721629.html

Go to the Setup Default Access part.

Hairuddin March 5, 2018

Okay, I'll try as your suggestion.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events