cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL for issues that have been resolved within 5 minutes

Lindsay Czopur
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2018

Is there a way to search for issues whose status has changed within 5 minutes? Not within the LAST five minutes, but were closed just within a five minute period - NOT a specific date range.  

Essentially we have Tech Support agents who log issues in JSD that are actually phone calls.  They take the call and resolve it while on the phone, log the issue in JSD for reference and then immediately close it, since it was in reality already closed.  The transition from Open > Resolved should happen within just a few minutes. We keep issues in JSD so that our product team can see what issues are appearing within their products.  However, we want to be able to at least identify these issues since it may be skewing our SLAs.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
mschonarthatlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2018

Hello, Lindsay

If I understood correctly, you want to be able to track issues that were Closed within 5 minutes.

I’d suggest creating an additional SLA with a 5 minute goal. That way, you can use Service Desk JQL functions to search for issues that have not been breached yet. To create a new SLA, go to Project Settings > SLAs. There you can add a new metric with the goal required for the project and set when the SLA starts and stops running. You can find further information about that topic on our Setting up SLAs documentation

After the new SLA has been created, you can identify the issues using SLA specific functions like “SLA name” != breached(). That will show you all issues that have been Closed within the 5 minute goal. I’d also recommend checking out Using JQL queries specific to SLAs.  

I hope this was helpful to you. Be sure to get back if you have further questions.

Lindsay Czopur
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2018

Great suggestion!  Thanks Matheus!

mschonarthatlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hello, Lindsay

I’m glad my answer was helpful but since your main goal is to track down the issues that were phone calls from your Tech Support agents I think a simpler solution to your problem would be to create a new label or custom field.

For instance, by creating the “Tech_Support” or “Phone” label you can then select it for the tickets you want to track . After that, by just performing a search like “label = Tech_Support” you will filter all issues with that specific label. 
To add a new label, go to the issue you wish to add the label to, click on the three dots button and then click on Labels. Type in the name for the new label and then click on Update.

This can also be achieved by adding a new custom field. To do so, go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields then click on Add custom field. Select the type of the custom field and type in its name and description. After that, you’ll be asked to select which screens the custom field should be associated to. Please check out our Adding, editing, and deleting a custom field documentation.

I’d also recommend checking out our Advanced searching - fields reference under Labels and under Custom field for further details on this topic.

Be sure to get back at us if you have further questions.

Cheers!

Lindsay Czopur
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2018

Awesome - thanks for the answer! Could I potentially use that label to filter out those issues that are labeled with phone?  Right now I have my SLA JQL filtering out so it only includes the core Tech Support team.  Below is an example: 

issuetype = "Support" and assignee = Unassigned OR issuetype = "Support" AND assignee in (dpelissier, bgasper, badams, kherrholtz, cbranca, fdonnadio, jadkins, mgreen, mpatoray, kbretz, jcarte, tbrown)

Could I potentially add the following if enabled?

issuetype = "Support" and assignee = Unassigned AND label !="Phone" OR issuetype = "Support" AND assignee in (dpelissier, bgasper, badams, kherrholtz, cbranca, fdonnadio, jadkins, mgreen, mpatoray, kbretz, jcarte, tbrown) AND label !="Phone"

What do you think? Thanks again!

mschonarthatlassian
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2018

Hey, Lindsay

You’re welcome!

Yes, you can definitely use labels to filter out phone call issues.

Based on your description I understood that you also want to get issues that have no labels. For this to be achieved you have to use IS EMPTY because null values cannot be compared using !=.

Your JQL would look like this: 

issuetype = Support AND assignee in (EMPTY,  dpelissier, bgasper, badams, kherrholtz, cbranca, fdonnadio, jadkins, mgreen, mpatoray, kbretz, jcarte, tbrown) AND (labels !=Phone OR labels IS EMPTY)

This will get all Support type issues that are both a) either assigned to the designated users or unassigned and b) have either no labels or no “Phone” label.

Please, feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Cheers!

Lindsay Czopur
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2018

Wow, Matheus, this is exactly what I need!  Thank you so much!  Our support team is thrilled with this solution!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events