JIRA Service Desk - notifying additional parties on certain issues

Technology Department - ESI February 14, 2018

Is there a way to add additional notifications on certain issues (Example being Marketing when their website goes down) without having to make them an agent?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Hey@Technology Department - ESI

If your marketing team is in a group within your Jira instance you can modify the notification scheme to a specific group or a specific user on each 'Event' you're wanting them to see. Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 8.30.11 PM.png

Technology Department - ESI February 15, 2018

Brittany,  I am trying to notify the marketing people if one of their websites goes down. I've created a custom issue for this to be selected. The goal was for them to be notified only if the custom issue was used when a ticket was put in.

I'm not seeing how to associate the notification to the custom issue only.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

@Technology Department - ESI what types of add-ons do you currently have? And are you using Cloud or Server version of Jira Service Desk?

Server version

I am using the pulse monitoring add-on which can create an issue when servers etc go offline, have issues.   I have our websites creating a custom issue that I am trying to figure out how to notify my marketing people.

jira-service-add-ons.jpg

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

Do you have a add-on that you can create a script of some sort? 

That's the only other way I can think of how to achieve this.

If the issuetype is the marketing issuetype then send a notification to the marketing group. 

Or you could set up a filter subscription of that specific issuetype with columns they need to see and send to their group as well? 

Thoughts? 

Maybe someone else in the community has a better idea. 

Do you know of any particular add-ons that could accomplish this?

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

Yeah! There are a couple:

ScriptRunner for Jira 

Jira Misc Workflow Extensions

Email this issue

All of these have the capability of sending an email from a post-function based on a specific condition. 

ScriptRunner and Jira Misc Workflow Extensions both have different bonus features that you can explore to see if you can use them for solving other automated or fun stuff you would like to do in your instance. 

Email this issue is exactly how it sounds and I have never personally used it before. 

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events