JIRA Service Desk Attachments

Morning All

Hope someone can help.

We have started to use JSD but not via the portal, customers send in requests via email. When i put an attachment on a ticket and the customer gets the email notification back with the attachment, the link for the attachment seems to indicate they need access to the portal which currently they dont have. So they cant actually view/download the attachment.

Any ideas, thanks.

J

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hi John,

JSD email notifications to customers that contain attachments require the customer to click a link and login to view the attachment, currently there is no built in way to attach the issue attachment to the email itself. A suggestion is already open with Atlassian to implement this: JSDSERVER-3371

Currently the only way to attach the file to the actual email is via a third-party mail handler plugin such as JEMH (I work for the vendor) which is capable of gathering all the relevant issue attachments and attaching them directly to email notifications.

Kind Regards,

Reece

thanks for the reply

hi, it seems this workaround does not work

does it work for you ?   

sorry I had to replay to the next message

JEMH is a replacement for the built in Jira Service Desk notifications, simply installing JEMH will not be enough to get attachments attaching directly to emails. You will need to configure JEMH so that all of your JSD notifications are sent via JEMH.

A quick start guide for JEMH can be found here: JEMH Quickstart Guide

Support for the product is available via: support@thepluginpeople.com

Hi John;

Workaround : Do not use "space" or characters like  (+%&/-) in the attachements/files name.

Br

Have you tried a cheap "Email this issue" add-on?

0 votes

Apart from the other replies, you can also use Mail Attachments for JIRA Service Desk that has been released exclusively to address this problem:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219283/mail-attachments-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview

@Jose León Serna this addon still displays a link to the portal (in the e-mail send to the customer). Rendering it useless.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

36,546 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you