Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue not creating from Mail Handler due to invalid license

Dominik Eller June 25, 2018

I got the following issue while testing my mail handler.

"Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]"

But I told the Mail handler to create the user and it does so. The created user is assigned to jira-software-users. So i thought creating issue will be successful, but testing gives another error

The next test gives another error message, after the user was created:

"Ersteller (*****************) ist nicht berechtigt, einen Vorgang zu erstellen. Nachricht abgelehnt."

that means tranlated into english:

"Creator (****************) is not allowd to create a task. Message declined."

I do not have any idea why this is happening. Can you please assist me configuring the mail handler to create issues? Commenting on existing issues is working.

I also set up the project to allow any user to create issue.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2018

Hi @Dominik Eller,

please make sure, that the user has also application access to jira service desk.

As the user is added to the group jira-software-users, this sounds as if the user has only application access for jira software.

You may give jira-software-users application access to Jira SD, but this may give a lot users application access. The other way is to add the user to a group that has the application access for Jira SD.

Is it possible to set up to which group the user is added when he writes an email for the first time?

I manually added the user to the jira-servicedesk-users but the error message did not change. So this did not resolve this issue

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2018

Can you try to create an issue manually in the service desk project using that user?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2018

Building on what Bastin has shared, for the project in question please verify that the group the user is in has Create permissions. Check User Management to verify which group or role the user is in.

Like Thijs likes this

Thanks for helping me out. Found out that it was caused by my custom permission sheme. I edited the scheme and now it is working.

Thanks

Ken Robin Sivertsvik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2019

What did you change?

Ken

ceren_boyaci_softtech_com_tr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2019

how did you change permission scheme, i have same problem, pls help :)

Like Suzdalov Aleksandr likes this
TT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2022

Not suprised that there's yet another thread that has the problem resolved, without telling how...

Like Dominic Fierro likes this
0 votes
IT Division CRPIB
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 22, 2021

Hi ...

I had similiar issue. 

Incoming Handler when im tested result like this

Found 144 unprocessed message(s) in the imaps folder. Only first 10 messages will be processed in test mode.
Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

Email for incoming as already group on
1. jira-software-users
2. site-admins

im using IMAP secure from Google 
Please help for this issue.

Thanks
Ismail

0 votes
Dan_Tindell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 16, 2020
  • Select the project
  • Project settings
  • Customer permissions

Who can access the portal and send requests to ztlegb project?

Select: Anyone can send a request without logging in

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events