Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue not creating from Mail Handler due to invalid license Edited

I got the following issue while testing my mail handler.

"Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]"

But I told the Mail handler to create the user and it does so. The created user is assigned to jira-software-users. So i thought creating issue will be successful, but testing gives another error

The next test gives another error message, after the user was created:

"Ersteller (*****************) ist nicht berechtigt, einen Vorgang zu erstellen. Nachricht abgelehnt."

that means tranlated into english:

"Creator (****************) is not allowd to create a task. Message declined."

I do not have any idea why this is happening. Can you please assist me configuring the mail handler to create issues? Commenting on existing issues is working.

I also set up the project to allow any user to create issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Dominik Eller,

please make sure, that the user has also application access to jira service desk.

As the user is added to the group jira-software-users, this sounds as if the user has only application access for jira software.

You may give jira-software-users application access to Jira SD, but this may give a lot users application access. The other way is to add the user to a group that has the application access for Jira SD.

Is it possible to set up to which group the user is added when he writes an email for the first time?

I manually added the user to the jira-servicedesk-users but the error message did not change. So this did not resolve this issue

Can you try to create an issue manually in the service desk project using that user?

Jack Community Leader Jun 25, 2018

Building on what Bastin has shared, for the project in question please verify that the group the user is in has Create permissions. Check User Management to verify which group or role the user is in.

Thanks for helping me out. Found out that it was caused by my custom permission sheme. I edited the scheme and now it is working.

Thanks

What did you change?

Ken

how did you change permission scheme, i have same problem, pls help :)

• Select the project
  • Project settings
  • Customer permissions

Who can access the portal and send requests to ztlegb project?

Select: Anyone can send a request without logging in

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

267 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you