Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue creation when replying to the email

Quiddity Xperience Team March 25, 2019

Hello Support,

In Quiddity system when a customer feedback is received, the email is forwarded to Quiddity JIRA Support, JIRA Supports, then creates a feedback. This flow is fine.

But when the user is replying to the email received from JIRA (on status change/or through comment), JIRA Support then creates a new request.

I replied to the existing JIRA request like:

Reply.jpg

But a new JIRA Support Ticket got created like:

New Request.jpg

This reply should be added to QS-196 as it was a reply to that.

Is there any setting missing?

Thanks,

Regards,

Meera.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 26, 2019

Hi @Quiddity Xperience Team ,

This may be happening because of two reasons:

• Non-customer comments - When a user who is not a customer or participant of the request replies to the email it will create a new request. That is the known behaviour and this is fixed in the latest release. For more information here is the Atlassian link.
  • If the user responds to the original email which doesn't contain any ticket key in it, then it will create a new ticket.

Thanks,

Sravya

Quiddity Xperience Team March 26, 2019

Thanks Sravya.

Chandipratap singh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2019

Hi Sravya,

I was looking for the answer for non-customer replies creating new JIRA IDs. Seems at my end except me whom so ever replies to same ticket key generates a New ticket.

As per above its a known behavior and resolved but not working at my end. I am using JIRA in web browser.

Please provide your suggestions if any.

Kind Regards

Chandi pratap Singh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events