Kgamane Tilotsane June 11, 2018

Good day, please assist.

What is the simplest way to setup Major Incidents, I just want it to be simple 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stibally Guardado June 11, 2018

Hi @Kgamane Tilotsane  Here is a quick guide to create a new issue type: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-an-issue-type-844500747.html

You can name it Major Incidents and then create a dashboard, or any report for it.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2018

Hi Kgnamne,

I suppose that depends on how you want to track the Major Incidents and where you want simplicity. Making it easy for the users is not the same as making it easy to set up.

The simplest way to set it up could be to add a label to the incident or add a custom field check box called "Major Incident."  That would be more work for the users to track and you'd need to also write filters to pull just those incidents into views and reports, etc.

For simplicity in tracking and reporting I suggest you add a new issue type called "Major Incidents" with related fields, views, workflows, etc. It's more work on the front end to set it up, but in the long run it will be easier for the users. 

-Scott

0 votes
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

We now have major incidents as a native part of the new ITSM project template. Learn more here ! https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/learn-about-the-it-service-management-template/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events