Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to show exact date and time?

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hello,

the dates and time shown in our tickets in Jira Service Desk are sometimes only relative dates. It would be helpful to get the exact date and time instead.

E.g. we got a ticket with created "yesterday". I really would like to know if it was actually created at maybe 8:30h or 17:15h!?

Is it possible to change that?

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hello,

If you are on Jira Server/Data Center kindly have a look at the following KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disable-relative-dates-in-jira-applications-414187622.html

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

Thank you. That's what I was searching for!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

I'm glad this question was asked. I have been meaning to research this as I really dislike relative dates. That said it appears that for Cloud there is no solution at this time? If anyone knows otherwise I welcome the insight.

Like # people like this
Paul Stansberry April 28, 2020

Is there a solution for customers on Jira Cloud?

Like # people like this
6 votes
Aimee Heigold August 27, 2018

I haven't been able to fix it with the answers provided. I wsa wondering if there were any ideas for the cloud? Thanks!

Bernd Anderer September 4, 2018

I would like to know that too. 

Like Mark Hostetler likes this
Maxime Courtin September 26, 2018

I am interested in too.
It seems strange that it does not exist, it is the basis of a support tool.

Like Tom Vier likes this
Robert Salesas October 3, 2018

Very annoying... lots of people don't know about the hover trick, and more annoyingly the mobile (mostly) works fine. How do we disable relative dates on the Cloud version?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2018

@Robert Salesas, you can’t disable. You can Watch and vote on this issue. JRACLOUD-41506

Like Angela likes this
Robert Salesas October 3, 2018

Done thanks!

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2019

This issue doesn't address the ability to see timestamps in the jira service desk queues? does anyone know if a ticket exists for that?

Like Jon Randall likes this
Jon Randall February 20, 2020

This is the exact issue I'm having, need to see exact times in the queues without having to hover... any update?

Like Deleted user likes this
Adam Kassoff August 16, 2022

Has anyone found a solution to changing the date/time to be absolute in the Queue view?

5 votes
Beau Brown July 9, 2021

Apparently, at Atlassian, where they measure response times to support issues in months and years, minutes and hours are a rounding error.

2 votes
Casey Daniell March 20, 2018

Nice. The relative general dates have bugged us for a while, but never were something that I wanted to spend the time to research. Glad I stumbled on your answer -- I just wish this was in the UI instead of a properties file. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events