Is there a way to automate issue type changes?

Ilana Wapniarski August 15, 2019

I have two different types of requests that (for now) have to come in via email. I also need to be able to track these requests by their Issue Type.  

Is there a way to automate changing Issue Types?  I could do it by keyword and requester, but I don't see the option in Automations. 

Suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Hey @Ilana Wapniarski 

Unfortunately this is not possible out of the box. JSD automation only allows you to change the request type as long as the issue type remains the same.

There are a few solutions but there are still limitations.

#1 ScriptRunner

If anyone on your team has groovy experience, you can use script runner to change the issue type automatically. You can also reference this question that provides some of the code required.

#2 Automation for Jira

This is something I suggest everyone to use no matter what. This tool adds simple yet powerful automation capabilities to your projects. There is a free version but it limits how many automations can run a month.

You can use this add on to change the issue type. Again there are limitations and you are required to have the two issue types use the same workflow. Its also recommended to use the same field configuration.

I hope this helps!

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

@Ilana Wapniarski 

If you're using a JSD Next Gen project then you would be free of request type / issue type limitation.

Find out if you're using them by going to <yourinstancename>.atlassian.net/jsd-next-gen

Cheers,

Radu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events