Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have just one project with no "hub"?

Jon Hobbs-Smith December 11, 2017

Hi all,

We're trialing Jira Service Desk at the moment and there's one thing I can't get my head around.

We have around 200 customers and we want them all to log in to the one place to log tickets, so I guess this would be in a single "project", which I have created, themes and created 4 ticket types for. The trouble is that there is a link in the top left of the page and in the colored header bar to the "service desk" page which is supposed to list several projects i guess, but for a company like us which only has one project it's just very confusing. For example there is a section on it called "popular" which lists just one thing, your project, which makes no sense.

So, is there any way to remove this "hub" page and just show the one project?

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

Hi Jon,

Have you thought about using the portal as the access point to report tickets? Your customers can use the link to the portal to create their tickets.

You can configure the portal in the 'Request types' section in the JIRA Service Desk settings.

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 8.07.35 PM.png

Jon Hobbs-Smith December 12, 2017

Hi Carlos, I'm not quite sure what you mean. We are using a portal for entering tickets but it still has 2 links to the parent page which is confusing and un-necessary....

Is it possible to just show this page and remove the links circled in blue?

Capture.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

the two links default and neither can be changed w/o code change. What I did is simply to customize the portal and have the upper left be an image only. 

Fortress_IT_Support_-_Service_Desk.png

Jon Hobbs-Smith December 12, 2017

Thanks. Not the answer I was hoping for but it's good to know what's possible and what's not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events