Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for customers to access the service desk cloud without registering in Jira?

Olga Stepanova July 9, 2020

I am setting up online customer registrations for various training courses in the service desk cloud. Is it possible for customers anonymously, without registering in Jira to view the information about our courses, such as the name and description, in the service desk? If yes, how can this be configured exactly in detail step by step. Your help is much appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2020

Hello @Olga Stepanova

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Indeed, you can configure your Jira Service desk to be a login-free portal where your customers can discover your portal and its help articles via search engines without needing to register or login.

To send a request, they fill out a form and provide an email address to track it, while the rest of the process works like email support: they get a confirmation email from your service desk, can correspond with agents over email, and get updates on the request status. P.S: They can still finish creating an account in the portal to track the request, but it's not necessary.

Here are the steps to configure it:

To start using the login-free portal, follow these steps:

To start using the login-free portal, follow these steps:

1. In the global settings, a JIRA admin allows login-free portals on the site. This doesn’t automatically turn it on for all the portals, it just makes it an option for projects on the site. 
    To do this, go to  > Products > JIRA Service Desk Configuration > Customer permissions
    • For Can customers create their own accounts? choose Yes.
    • For Can customers access and send requests form the help center without logging in? choose Yes.
  2. In the project settings, a project admin allows anyone to send requests to the project.
    To do this, go to Project settings () > Customer permissions (or Project settings () > Channels > Customer permissions in next-gen projects).
    • For Who can access the portal and send requests to %your_site_name%?, choose Anyone.
  3. If you want customers to be able to read your knowledge base without logging in and find articles via search engines, verify your knowledge base settings.
    To do this, go to Project settings (> Knowledge base.
    • For Access > Viewing, make sure Anyone can read articles is selected.

For more details on how this functionality works, you can check the documentation below:

Introducing the login-free portal for Jira Service Desk Cloud 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Olga Stepanova July 12, 2020

Thank you very much! It is exactly what I needed.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Darwin Bulawan August 2, 2021

Hi @Petter Gonçalves , 

I found this topic interesting. I've got a scenario relevant to this. 

Here it goes: A customer email address has been added to a Jira service project. The customer opted not to sign-up to the Jira portal but wanted to get notified with all the updates of the ticket raised. The project admin sees the captured email address under the reporter field and made sure that all notifications are enabled for the customer. 

Question: Why is that the customer does not receive any updates via emails to the ticket raised? Is it always a prerequisite for the customer to sign up to Jira to receive notifications?

I'd love to hear your thoughts to this. 

Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events