Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create a filter that will include having the created date = to the resolved date

Victoria Harpe May 7, 2018

I want to create a filter that will include having the created date = to the resolved date: it has to be opened and closed on the same day.  

3 answers

1 vote
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

Not a solution, just a hint.

Maybe you could define an SLA for tickets to be resolved within 24h (or 8h if your just looking at the workday). Then you could filter for tickets breaching or not breaching this SLA.

Victoria Harpe May 8, 2018

Is there a way to make that SLA retroactive?

David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2018

Yes I think so. As soon as you set up a new sla, Jira should recalculate all affected tickets.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2018

Resolved tickets won't update with new SLAs as far as I'm aware. 

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2018

I disagree that this isn't possible, but the solution I see also isn't elegant. 

Are you mainly looking to report on these issues? From your request it sounds like that's what you might be doing. The JQL below will show you any items that were created on or after the start of the day but also resolved on or after the start of day. You can swap out start and end of day for specific days. You'll always want the two days to match. 

Created >= startOfDay() and resolved >= startOfDay()

Add in any number of OR modifiers between each date set and you've got yourself a filter.

(Created >= "2018/01/04" and resolved >= "2018/01/04") OR (Created >= "2018/02/04" and resolved >= "2018/02/04") OR (Created >= "2018/03/04" and resolved >= "2018/03/04")

If you're looking for an easier/more expansive set of features, I agree with Kian that you'd be better off with an addon. I know that's additional resources and configuration that not every team has available though. 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2018

Maybe we were just looking at the question in two different ways! I interpreted as "return all tickets that were created and resolved in the same date".

I guess I considered the answer you've provided but I didn't really think it addresses how I interpreted the question. That being said, I could have misunderstood what was being asked. 

The solution you provided would return issues created/resolved on the specific days you are filtering for!

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2018

Victoria, 

In the out of the box functionality in JIRA there is not way to do this. You could check out some plugins such as Scriptrunner, but the basic functionality doesn't provide it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events