Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send email notification to admin if new user signs up in JIRA Service Desk?

Markus Raab April 6, 2018

We want to allow the self-signup to our users, however, we require to run manual checks after a user signed up. Thus we must get informed about a user's sign up.

Is it somehow possible to trigger email notifications for signups?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Hi Markus,

This is not yet a feature, but there's a feature request for this below:

Please vote on it in order to show your support for this feature. In terms of your other question from earlier that is related to this, let me look into what you suggest and let you know if is possible.

Regards,

Shannon

Markus Raab April 9, 2018

Alright ... as we need it next week I assume it won't be taken care of soon enough. But thanks for confirming, it also helps to know that it officially does not work yet. Just workarounding it by writing / using custom listeners would do the job I assume.

Markus Raab April 13, 2018

@Shannon S I saw how this works for Confluence and it seems Confluence would do exactly what we need.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/add-and-invite-users-936511352.html

• Allow user signup
  • Restrict by domains
  • Notify administrators by email when an account is created

This is what we would need in JSD as well. Is it possible to let user signup in Confluence instead of JSD? The user directory should be synced anyway. But I am not sure what this means for the licensing in Confluence (customers most not consume Confluence licenses). Also I am not sure if users would be added to JSD projects? Or what this means for permissioning. 

Is there any chance to workaround this by using Confluence self-signup instead of JSD self-signup?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

Markus,

Jira Service Desk Customer licenses are free, but Confluence licenses are not. Therefore, if you were to allow your users to sign up for Confluence licenses, it would indeed take a license seat and you would need to pay for the license.

There's no way around that. Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events