Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset SLA after immediate edit operation of ticket

badana_teja December 13, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade the ticket to high severity ticket, for that I need to edit and change the priority value. After click on update it will be changed to high severity ticket and there are different SLA's for Low Severity and High Severity tickets. Here we have one problem, if we have one low sev ticket with SLA 20 hours and after 1 day if user upgraded that ticket to high sev then the SLA will be changed according to the goal high sev. So for high sev there is goal with 5h, then in this case this ticket will be SLA breached as showing in negative figure, because until that one day the clock was running and finally upgraded, then the SLA is changed and running as per high sev. So I would like to reset SLA based on priority value change on edit operation. Is this possible ? please assist me.

Thanks,

B.S.Teja

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

You can’t reset an sla back to zero and you really would not want to reset. At least in the customer’s eyes. 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hi @badana_teja 

What you can do is following.

• You can stop your existing SLA when the issue's priority is changed. You can create a new status Escalated. When transitioning to this status change the Severity (using a transition screen).
  • Create a new SLA that starts when Issue is escalated.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

badana_teja December 13, 2019

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for prompt response. I think this stopping SLA and creating new SLA for new status is looks somewhat long process. Also people are habituated for upgrading tickets by using edit option. So we would likely reset SLA using current scenario.

Thanks,

B.S.Teja

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

If you remove the Severity field from all the screens and just keep it in the "Escalated Screen" then it won't be easy to edit the field. You can have permissions on the workflow transitions as well. Yes it will probably take some time to configure these things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events