It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to remove "Share with Customer" button from a service desk issue? Edited

I've been searching a way to remove Share with customer button in service desk issues.

According to this post (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4591) there should be a module in Service Desk add-on named "cr-share-request module" which I can't find.

I won't be able to deploy the service desk add-on with that button enabled because it may cause internal comments to be shared with customers by mistake.

Capture.PNG

4 answers

Since the above post didn't worked, lets not take a chance to disable such modules and try. It might lead to other issues.

However, if you are using self hosted JIRA, you can write a javascript to hide it. Find a field in the view screen and write a javascript in the 'Description' of the field in Field Configuration. You can disable or hide the button itself.

Hi thanks for the quick reply,

I haven't done such advanced customization in Jira before. Can you provide any documentation link on that?

The latest was my biggest concern. It seems the comment button is basic for all parts of jira core. Thanks for the info I will look into it.

Here’s how it works:

Open UPM (Manage Add-ons), select “All Add-ons” and search for “JIRA Service Desk” add-on (not "Service Desk Internal Base Plugin" which you've used).

Expand it and click “x of y modules enabled” to show every single module of the add-on. Now, search for the module “cr-share-request” and disable it. If you can't find it, you're searching the wrong add-on.

I've done this and it does not remove the button.

Could you provide a screenshot which button you want to remove?

The described procedure should remove this button and this button only:

share-button-customer-portal.png

Like Saad likes this

It worked, thanks!

I have found the add-on, however i get "Module cannot be modified". 

So i can not disable the module... Can you help me?

Unfortunately I can not explain why You get "Module cannot be modified". I am quite beginner yet.

In our instance this works so:

As administraator go Admin > Add-on > Manage apps > All apps > JIRA Service Desk > open modules list (for example + 126 of 126 modules enabled) >  find module cr-share-request > Disable

@Martin Boehme [Communardo] Can there be a reason why I can not disable this module? 

@Hielke Rijpstra Hard to say. Are you sure, you've picked the right plugin? Could you provide a screenshot?

Is you Service Desk generally alright?

image.pngimage.pngThe JIRA service Desk plugin. See screenshot 1 for "module can not be modified".

The service desk is working fine!

Is there another setting that I did wrong?

@Hielke Rijpstra Thanks for the details.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why it is not working for you. You should contact Jira support, I think.

We also need to either disable the "share with customers"-button, or change that the internal comment button is the default button. If someone has a way to do this (like a ready script code), please share it with us. I was able to change the order for the comment tabs with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Default-Service-Desk-Comments-to-Internal/qaq-p/268822.

This problem is driving us crazy as well. So I created a Chrome extension to hide the buttons. 

Cheers, 

I've tried your extension, and it has no effect.  Suggestions?

I think I see the issue in your source code, it's intended for Service Desk Cloud.  We are hosted, so the URL checks won't match.

Yes the public version is intended to only work on JIRA cloud as I didn't enable it to ask for permission to access "all" website data for security purposes.

If you are on hosted, you can clone the Repo, change the manifest and load it in chrome unpacked

That's exactly what I did, works great, thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

[ Survey ] What does the future of ITSM look like? Take our survey today!

Hi all! We’re interested in learning more about your ITSM practices - what’s the current state of your ITSM practices? What are your aspirations for your IT team in the future? Which ITSM trends ar...

58 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you