Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove "Share with Customer" button from a service desk issue?

Nick Poulis February 27, 2018

I've been searching a way to remove Share with customer button in service desk issues.

According to this post (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4591) there should be a module in Service Desk add-on named "cr-share-request module" which I can't find.

I won't be able to deploy the service desk add-on with that button enabled because it may cause internal comments to be shared with customers by mistake.

Capture.PNG

5 answers

1 vote
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

Here’s how it works:

Open UPM (Manage Add-ons), select “All Add-ons” and search for “JIRA Service Desk” add-on (not "Service Desk Internal Base Plugin" which you've used).

Expand it and click “x of y modules enabled” to show every single module of the add-on. Now, search for the module “cr-share-request” and disable it. If you can't find it, you're searching the wrong add-on.

Jordan Loverock October 9, 2018

I've done this and it does not remove the button.

Like Lisa Segura likes this
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

Could you provide a screenshot which button you want to remove?

The described procedure should remove this button and this button only:

share-button-customer-portal.png

Like Saad likes this
Andrus Voolaine April 18, 2019

It worked, thanks!

Hielke Rijpstra June 12, 2019

I have found the add-on, however i get "Module cannot be modified". 

So i can not disable the module... Can you help me?

Andrus Voolaine June 12, 2019

Unfortunately I can not explain why You get "Module cannot be modified". I am quite beginner yet.

In our instance this works so:

As administraator go Admin > Add-on > Manage apps > All apps > JIRA Service Desk > open modules list (for example + 126 of 126 modules enabled) >  find module cr-share-request > Disable

Like Martin Boehme likes this
Hielke Rijpstra June 16, 2019

@Martin Boehme Can there be a reason why I can not disable this module? 

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2019

@Hielke Rijpstra Hard to say. Are you sure, you've picked the right plugin? Could you provide a screenshot?

Is you Service Desk generally alright?

Hielke Rijpstra June 16, 2019

image.pngimage.pngThe JIRA service Desk plugin. See screenshot 1 for "module can not be modified".

The service desk is working fine!

Is there another setting that I did wrong?

Like Martin Boehme likes this
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

@Hielke Rijpstra Thanks for the details.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why it is not working for you. You should contact Jira support, I think.

Alessandro Lombardo November 25, 2020

I disabled service-desk-comment-field in the modules of Jira Service Desk app. In this way I can comment on issue only internally ( the view will be like Jira Software) or from the customer portal, but the comment will be shared in the same way

1 vote
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

Since the above post didn't worked, lets not take a chance to disable such modules and try. It might lead to other issues.

However, if you are using self hosted JIRA, you can write a javascript to hide it. Find a field in the view screen and write a javascript in the 'Description' of the field in Field Configuration. You can disable or hide the button itself.

Hi thanks for the quick reply,

I haven't done such advanced customization in Jira before. Can you provide any documentation link on that?

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

The latest was my biggest concern. It seems the comment button is basic for all parts of jira core. Thanks for the info I will look into it.

0 votes
Alessandro Lombardo December 2, 2020

To hide "share with customer" button you can add this following script to the announcement banner:

<style type="text/css">
button.aui-button.aui-button-primary.sd-external-submit {
display: none;

</style>

It will hide the button on the view screen. But you will continue to see "Respond to customer" tab in the edit screen and transitions screens.

This is for Jira Server ( I didn't test for Cloud )

0 votes
Michael Lu October 2, 2018

This problem is driving us crazy as well. So I created a Chrome extension to hide the buttons. 

Cheers, 

Jordan Loverock October 3, 2018

I've tried your extension, and it has no effect.  Suggestions?

I think I see the issue in your source code, it's intended for Service Desk Cloud.  We are hosted, so the URL checks won't match.

Michael Lu October 3, 2018

Yes the public version is intended to only work on JIRA cloud as I didn't enable it to ask for permission to access "all" website data for security purposes.

If you are on hosted, you can clone the Repo, change the manifest and load it in chrome unpacked

That's exactly what I did, works great, thanks!

0 votes
Henri Virtanen! September 4, 2018

We also need to either disable the "share with customers"-button, or change that the internal comment button is the default button. If someone has a way to do this (like a ready script code), please share it with us. I was able to change the order for the comment tabs with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Default-Service-Desk-Comments-to-Internal/qaq-p/268822.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events