How to give access to user management

Jonathan Gonzalez October 13, 2020

Hi there, 

Is there any way to give access to somebody for user management without giving him access to anything else? 

Or should it be site admin in this regard? 

I just want to give access to disable users account once they leave the company.

Cheers,

J.

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

Hi @Jonathan Gonzalez 

Only site admin can disable members, unless your Jira is linked to your company Active Directory.

Hope that helps,

Liam

Jonathan Gonzalez October 13, 2020

Do you know if it's possible to disable users from a Jira automation in Jira Service Desk?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

I think the automation would only apply to the issues, not the users so I think it is likely to be a manual task

Jonathan Gonzalez October 15, 2020

I found this link https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/user-management/rest/api-group-users/#api-users-accountid-manage-api-tokens-tokenid-delete 

I wonder if this is something that can be implemented by Jira automation somehow.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2020

Possibly - might be worth reaching out to the automation team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events