How to get service desk automation rule for linked issues to work across different instances?

Saarvaani Vadlamani December 21, 2016

We are hosting JIRA service desk on one server and linking the service desk issues to the issues in a JIRA project which is on a different server. Is there a way I could use the automation rule to update the status of the issue in service desk based on the issues linked to it which are on a different JIRA instance.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

The Linked Issue automation does not support this. It only supports Issue Links. Remote Links are NOT the same at all.

Pompi Diplan August 10, 2017

Hi Steven,

it looks to me like there is a problem with cross-project linked issues. See my recent comment and picture here.

Additionally, if you look at my second snapshot below, I have a case where an issue (Dail-442) is linked to a "close" (i.e., same-project) Dail-443 issue and to a "far" (= different project) one, MK-95. When the same rule applies, at 13 sec. interval:

Dail-443 (the same-project sibling) is considered worthy of being a "match" for the LInked Issues rule (see highlights in green, 12;24;31", with success and follow thru with the Then-action.

MK-95 (the different-project sibling) is considered a non-match (see in red, same minute @ 18") and No-Actions-Performed. Is this a bug? Thanks!Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events