How to get service desk automation rule for linked issues to work across different instances?

We are hosting JIRA service desk on one server and linking the service desk issues to the issues in a JIRA project which is on a different server. Is there a way I could use the automation rule to update the status of the issue in service desk based on the issues linked to it which are on a different JIRA instance.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion Dec 21, 2016

The Linked Issue automation does not support this. It only supports Issue Links. Remote Links are NOT the same at all.

Hi Steven,

it looks to me like there is a problem with cross-project linked issues. See my recent comment and picture here.

Additionally, if you look at my second snapshot below, I have a case where an issue (Dail-442) is linked to a "close" (i.e., same-project) Dail-443 issue and to a "far" (= different project) one, MK-95. When the same rule applies, at 13 sec. interval:

Dail-443 (the same-project sibling) is considered worthy of being a "match" for the LInked Issues rule (see highlights in green, 12;24;31", with success and follow thru with the Then-action.

MK-95 (the different-project sibling) is considered a non-match (see in red, same minute @ 18") and No-Actions-Performed. Is this a bug? Thanks!Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

261 views 7 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you