Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display date and time on Service Desk queue?

Kubo Grznarik September 22, 2015

I need to see date also with time in Service Desk queues. How can I set it up?

In queue I have Create and Updated fields but is shows only date. In ticket detail I have it also with time.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kubo Grznarik September 30, 2015

I resoved this by installing JJupin plugin and creating new SIL Script Custom Field. Then added the field to the queue.

This is the script: 

string format = "dd.MM.yy HH:mm";
return formatDate(created, format);

If you guys have better solution, pls let me know.

4 votes
Vincent Ward August 23, 2019

Honestly can't believe this isn't a standard out of the box feature!

Giles Fellingham December 15, 2020

Exactly

Like # people like this
2 votes
Marc Piparo June 10, 2016

Any updates on this? - seems like an obvious formatting feature to display the issue's create or update field time along with the date in the queue. Creating a custom field as a workaround seems a bit hacky - though clever non-the-less.

thanks.

1 vote
Pierce Radtke January 10, 2017

JIRA service desk - Queues - Columns "Updated" shows month date year but does not include the time stamp?  Is there a way to change this?

Pierce Radtke January 10, 2017

Without changing the Look/Feel of all Dates

Like Heather R likes this
0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2015

Kubo,
If I'm understanding this correctly, you (As an agent) would like to check the Created date and other date fields in the columns right? Case so, you can just edit and set these fields there.

Case if I got a wrong meaning of your question, can we kindly have a clarification?

Kubo Grznarik September 29, 2015

Im trying to upload screenshot so you can see exactly what I mean but all the time I get "HTTP Error". So for the clarification in Queue there is a field Created or Updated. These fields are Date / Time fields so they have the info about time when the ticket was created. I can go to detail of the ticket to see it but I would like to see it on screen where I see all other tickets in the Queue. So I can determine the time of creation or updating right from the Queue.

Henri Volk _amily_ January 27, 2017

2017-01-27_17h44_54.png

We need the time here...

Like Oksana Diachenko likes this
James H February 12, 2018

Any update on this please? 

This is a need for us, so our first line technicians can see what time a ticket arrived.  I can see there's an add-in based solution but TBH this should be native functionality.  The more add-ins the harder it makes upgrades.

Like Zofia.Kubik likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2018

@James H, this is an old thread. If you want the time displayed I would suggest you submit a Suggestion to Atlassian. It won't get much attention here.

Like Heather R likes this
James H February 13, 2018

Thank you Jack.  Forgive the noobie question but I thought that was what I was doing here.  How do I raise a suggestion to Atlassian then?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2018

No problem Jimbo. The Community (represented by this thread) is a group of users much like yourself. Atlassian sponsors and monitors/moderates the Community but only occasionally jumps in often time driven by requests from community champions. There is a dedicated support page where you can submit believed to be bugs or feature suggestions. Then there a Jira instance that Atlassian uses to track all bugs, suggestions etc. I have included links below. One final note: If you are on a "starter" license (10) then unfortunately you don't have access to Atlassian Support.

Atlassian Support

Jira Product Issue Tracking

Note, on the last link it should take you to a filter i ran searching for this specific issue in JSD Cloud. You will see there are a few results with JSD-4131 being the top hit. I would watch and vote for that issue if interested. With that said, I'm not confident it will get much attention given the length of time that it has been open, it is unassigned and very few folks have voted for it. There are 1000s of issues open that I would see ranked higher in importance. But one never knows...

Like Giles Fellingham likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events