Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert JQL to MySQL

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 22, 2018

I've wrote the following JQL and I need to get a same result as this from a MySQL query (our Jira Service Desk's database is MySQL).

project = "ITZone Software Support" and created >= 2017-10-1 and created <= 2017-12-31 and Organizations = ("Mcs Coca Cola", "Mcs Estates", "Mcs Holding", "Mcs Property HRM", "Mcs International")

The tricky part is the Organizations, the jiraissue table doesn't have a field named Organization or Organizations, so I tried the following MySQL:

select project.pkey, jiraissue.issuenum, jiraissue.CREATED, AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION.NAME, jiraissue.REPORTER, issuetype.pname, priority.pname,
issuestatus.pname, jiraissue.SUMMARY, round(jiraissue.TIMESPENT/3600) from jiraissue
inner join issuestatus on jiraissue.issuestatus = issuestatus.id
inner join issuetype on jiraissue.issuetype = issuetype.id
inner join priority on jiraissue.priority = priority.id
inner join project on jiraissue.project = project.id
inner join AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION_MEMBER on jiraissue.REPORTER = AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION_MEMBER.USER_KEY
inner join AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION on AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION_MEMBER.ORGANIZATION_ID = AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION.ID
where jiraissue.project = 10000 and jiraissue.created >= '2017-10-1' and jiraissue.created <= '2017-12-31';

But I'm not getting the result I need because our team often create issues on behalf of our customers, so such issues has one of our team members as the reporter but the Organization would be one of our customer companies, thus the above query won't work, Admin/Agent users are not included in the AO_54307E_ORGANIZATION_MEMBER table. So I wonder how the above JQL works? how does it filter by Organization?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Hello,

Why would you need to do it with SQL? You could receive the same data with JIRA REST API. There is a REST API method which lets you receive data from Jira by passing a JQL query:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-search-get

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 22, 2018

Hello,

Thanks for a prompt reply, I need to do it in MySQL because I'm trying to generate a Tableau report directly from our Jira database.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Please, don't try to report off a Jira database.  Jira's database is not used as a database, it is a data store and it absolutely the opposite of anything you might design for reporting. 

Consider the JQL "issuekey = ABC-123" - if this is an issue in a scrum project with a couple of custom fields and you're asking for just the data on the issue view screen, you can easily be looking at 40+ joins in SQL.

Please, use the REST API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events