Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change attachment location for Service Desk

Mike Allen November 6, 2018

How do we change the location for attachments for Service Desk.  I would like to store the attachments on ISILON.

We are on 7.12.1 of Service Desk

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

Service Desk attachments are stored as part of the Jira Issue that is behind the SD request, so they're in the same place as your non-service-desk issue attachments.

This is <jira-home>/attachments (check the system info to see where <jira home> is if you don't know).  Jira always tries to use that directory, no matter what.  You used to be able to change it in old versions of Jira, but it can't be done without code any more.  But there's simple and recommended work-arounds for it.

The usual method for changing the underlying storage there is to

• create a new directory on your shared/remote storage 
  • copy the existing data to the new place
  • either
    • Use a symbolic link so that <jira-home>/attachments is just a pointer to the actual storage 
    • Mount the storage at <jira-home>/attachments
Mike Allen November 8, 2018

Are you saying i have to move all of <jira-home> directory to my shared storage?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

Absolutely not.  There are significant parts of <jira-home> that will not work on shared storage.  You should only move the attachments directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events