How to block spam mail into jira servicedesk?

Eva Olofsson May 25, 2017

I use Jira servicedesk and the xxx.atlassian.net mailadress. In Documentation I found instructions that Email processor filters the emails using information stored in the database. But no information about how to manage it. I have and had the Email processor enabled. What to do more?

"Manage global mail settings
There are two global mail settings - email puller and email processor - that are used only by JIRA Service Desk and do not impact any email settings you have set up for JIRA. Email puller connects to your mail servers every minute and pulls the email data into the database. Emails with attachments larger than 25MB will not be pulled. Email processor filters the emails (e.g. to remove auto-replies and spam) using information stored in the database.

You can access these settings by going to   > System > Global mail settings."

Above is from documentation link': https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-the-email-channel-732528949.html

1 answer

1 vote
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

Hey, 

I found this documentation to prevent spam e-mails in JIRA Service Desk. It looks that an alternative would be to enable CAPTCHA or restricting the portal access.

Hope it helps !

Todd Winton November 21, 2018

@Hermance NDounga

My jira instance does not have public signup but jira service desk does.  With an email channel, this means that anyone who emails the email channel that doesn't have an account one will be created.

I have CAPTCHA enabled in the general system settings, but this does not impact service desk.  

Is there something I am missing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events