Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to associate custon fields to a user picker.

David Burgess July 9, 2019

Hello All,

I have a request form that I am using with a user picker that does a lookup on our AD and displays the manager's name when a requestor types their name in, that works great. What I would like now is more information to be displayed about that manager to show on the request form, specifically their office location and cost center, these fields are is also configured in our AD. I was told this was not technically possible on request forms, which I find surprising, as there is already communication to the AD so why can't these fields be populated with this information? So the next question that I have is there a way to build 2 custom fields, manually entering all the cost centers and office lactations and associate them with the  user picker? I have two custom fields already built and when I showed the bosses they came back and said that is great but what if the requestor only knows the manager's name and not their cost center or office locations. Here is an example what I would like: a requester types in the manager’s name, John Doe, once the requestor selects this manager can another field or fields be populated with cost center and office location?

customfields.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2019

You'll need an app that can read your LDAP source for the extra details and display them.  There's a couple in the marketplace I believe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events