How to add customer approval to an issue

Ben Andrews June 1, 2018

I am creating a custom workflow which needs the customer who submitted the ticket to approve the quote before it goes to a manager for approval. I cannot seem to work out how to do this, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

5 answers

2 votes
Qu3ntin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2018

Hi @Ben_Andrews

I had the same problem and find a solution if you still need it.

On the transition before your "approval status", add a postfunction to duplicate the value of the reporter field (or customer custom field) to your approvers field (or approver custom field).

solution_01.PNG

Then the configuration is the same as any approvals setting.

Walter Haas December 13, 2018

Good idea, works. Thank you.

ABA December 21, 2018

Hello

How can I add this post function, I don't see it in the post functions list when I click on add.

Thank you

Qu3ntin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2018

Hi @ABA

It's Copy Value From Other Field

community_11.PNG

ABA December 21, 2018

Hi

Thank you for the quick answer, I don't see this options in my list !

2018-12-21 17_01_46-Transition_ Submit quotation to customer - Total.png2018-12-21 17_02_02-Add Post Function To Transition - Total.png

Qu3ntin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2018

It seems your are on a Sever version. My screenshot was from cloud version.

You will need JSU for this postfunction. 

community_11.1.PNG

0 votes
Sam Star May 4, 2019

Sara Hilmarsdottir May 8, 2019

Hi! To set the requester as the approver, set up the "Approver" field as outlined above and then!

go to your workflow

on the create issue transition add a post function

choose "Copy Value From Other Field"

Source Field: Reporter

Destination field: Approver

check Copy within same issue

Like Erik Schipper likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

@Ben_Andrews,

did you view the links that Yogesh provided? You should be able to do the following:

1. define a custom field to capture the approvers, e.g. "Customer Approvers"
  2. Configure the field and add in the customer's name that needs to approve
  3. update the workflow to require the approval via the custom field.
Ben Andrews June 4, 2018

I did view the links. How do I automatically set the customer to be the approver? I need this to be general case, not specific.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

if you want the Requestor to approve then update the WF and choose Requestor for the appropriate status. If you need a customer other than the requestor then you need to add the specific name(s) to the custom field.

requestor approval.jpg

Ben Andrews June 4, 2018

I don't have the Requester Option?

I can add a custom field called Requester but do not know how to automatically set that field to be the name of the customer/requester.

Capture.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2018

my bad. that is a custom field that I created long ago and had forgotten. So forget that. :-(  You will need to define the customer(s) names. I don't know of any other method at this point.

Though you know, if all you want is the customer who reported this issue to approve you could simply transition to "Waiting for Customer" and ask for their approval via comment. 

Ben Andrews June 4, 2018

OK, no problem, thanks Jack

Birkir Marteinsson September 10, 2018

Hi @Ben_Andrews, did you get a solution to this problem ?  

Ben Andrews September 11, 2018

Hi @Birkir Marteinsson. Not a proper solution. I ended up allowing the customer the option to progress the task to the next stage as a sort of approval. This isn't ideal as the customer service agent can also progress the task but it was all I could get to work.

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2018

Hi Ben,

If you want to show the transition to the customer in jsd portal, than follow the steps;

• Edit workflow
  • Choose diagram mode
  • Click the transition 
  • Select "Show transition in the customer portal" box in pop-up

Also look at this page for approvals; 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-938847527.html

Tansu

Ben Andrews June 4, 2018

Hi Tansu,

This doesn't quite answer my issue. I need the customer to approve the issue. (i.e. Service Desk sends the client a quote for the work and the customer then approves this to move it onto manager approval)

Ben

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018
Ben Andrews June 4, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude,

This doesn't quite answer my issue. I need the customer to approve the issue. (i.e. Service Desk sends the client a quote for the work and the customer then approves this to move it onto manager approval). None of these documents explain how to assign the approval back to the customer

Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events