How to Auto Close particular project Tickets If there is No Activity for more than 5 days

Sai Bandarupalli April 19, 2019

For All Tickets in ABC Project(Or minimum Service Desk Requests). We would like to Autoclose the ticket if there is no Activity for more than 5 Days. It should close and send a Notification to the Reporter "We are closing this ticket <Ticket link or Details>as there is no Activity since last Five days. If the issue is not resolved or still needs to be addressed, please reopen the ticket"

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

Do you mean to say if the issue is in a "Waiting for customer" for more than 5d? If so this is a common question in the community. You setup an SLA e.g. when the item enters "Waiting for Customer" and when the SLA fires then Automation triggers and closes this issue w/ desired comment.

If by "if there is not Activity..." you mean something else please define this more completely.

ya exactly if the issue in Wating for customer for more than 5days it should automatically move to close status and after Auto close the notification should be sent the reporter that we are closing the ticket and later if we get any reply from the reporter the ticket should be automatically move to reopen status

Whwn the ticket is in waiting for customer status and if there is no reponse for 5 days then ticket should close automatically

please help me out 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2019

@Sai Bandarupalli , unsure where exactly you need further but assume maybe the automation piece? Here is an example from one of my projects...

9B52BB6C-CACD-4917-B74B-314F4B176EAB.jpeg

Like # people like this
Sai Bandarupalli April 22, 2019

Is that done with  automation plugin

Please can you give me the detailed information @Jack Brickey 

@Jack Brickey Exactly i was looking for the same .Please can you give me the detailed information. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2019

@Sai Bandarupalli , what I provided are the details. Let me try again:

1. create an SLA called Non-responsive Customer
  2. SLA: start when Issue enters Waiting for Customer, Pause none, Stop on comment by customer and/or when transitions to Waiting for Support. NOTE: your exact SLA conditions may vary to match your configuration and workflow
  3. Automation: using built in Automation set it up as I have shown above or similar
  4. if you want you can allow the customer to reopen by exposing a reopen transition.

lastly, I encourage you to reference Atlassian’s documentation on SLAs an Automation as needed as it is an excellent source of details.

Like Mahesh Kallepalli likes this

@Jack Brickey Thank you so much it is working 

but for closed ticket if the customer respond or comment on that ticket it should automatically reopen please help me out 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2019

You can often find answers by using the search bar at the top of this page. Here is one such article- Reopen-ticket-with-automation-rule

Sai Bandarupalli April 23, 2019

@Jack Brickey Really Thanks a lot

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2019

glad to help Sai. best of luck getting this working.

Sai Bandarupalli April 24, 2019

@Jack Brickey Thank you so much

0 votes
Mahesh Kallepalli October 9, 2019

@Jack Brickey @Sai Bandarupalli 

I Have tried same automation but it doesn't work need to set any goal time in SLA ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events