How many Service Desk licenses will I need?

Justin Merrow February 25, 2015

My question is about Service Desk licenses.  I have an on-site installation of JIRA with 500 user licenses.  I would like to add the Service Desk add-on for our support desk, but it's not clear to me how many licenses I would need to buy.  If I have a 500-user instance of JIRA and wanted to add 10 Service Desk "agents," do I just need to spend the $3,000 or would I need a Service Desk license per JIRA user.  (Also, we are using LDAP for user authentication - would that make any difference?)

Thank you!

5 answers

0 votes
AudienceScience.com April 14, 2015

Thanks Olivier, much appreciated.

0 votes
Olivier Albertini April 14, 2015

you just need to buy 20 agent licences but agents must have jira user licence too

0 votes
Olivier Albertini April 14, 2015

yes

0 votes
AudienceScience.com April 14, 2015

I'm sorry to pile on but ironically my situation is pretty much identical to Justin's so another ticket seems redundant. We have 500 user JIRA instance that is self hosted, and we use LDAP for user authentication. Am I interpreting the answer correctly that whoever will be 'using' service desk will need an agent? So, for a practical example, if we have 20 users who require use of Service Desk out of the 500 licenses, do I need to buy 20 agent licenses? That is what I'm understanding...but I want to make sure it's right. Thanks!

0 votes
Olivier Albertini February 25, 2015

You need to buy for your agent and your agent need to have a jira-user licence.

So you just need to spend the $3,000 if your 10 agents have already jira-user licence

Olivier Albertini February 25, 2015

when you configure JSD you specify which user is an agent

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events