How do we allow Service Desk customers to view all open tickets in our JIRA project?

We're trying to use the Service Desk application to allow the public to create new bug tickets for our game. However we would like to allow them to view tickets that have already been created. How do we allow customers to view other tickets in the project?

4 answers

1 accepted

Andre,

This simply cannot be dismissed with a simple statement when so many people see it is a HUGE blocker to the way their customers would like to use the product, as is demonstrated here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-270

Customers can view other customers tickets by adding them as a participant, as per the recent dpeloyment details found here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/2015/01/16/Upcoming+Atlassian+Cloud+Upgrade+for+week+starting+18+January+2015

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-27069

JSD-270 really needs to be addressed as soon as possible as it will win a lot of new custom, and keep the rest of us happy!

Cheers

Nick

Yep. We're actually in the middle of leaving Atlassian for this very reason. Its just not good enough and there are better services out there now.

It seems logical to want users accessing the same project to want to see all tickets raised against that project by the team members. I've read a few posts about this issue that everyone wants - why such a delay in tackling it?

We just moved to SD and are getting a TON of push back from all our departments on this. We are very close to reverting back to our older JIRA version. 

Hi Scott,

It's not really possible to allow Service Desk customers to access your JIRA application, and currently there's no way for them to see previously created issues that weren't submitted by themselves.

Thanks!

When you allow customers access to JIRA issues (by including them in the jira-users group), they will be able to see both internal as external comments ...

Andre - That is a pretty disappointing oversight. Are you saying there is literally no way to provide Service Desk users open view access to the JIRA workspace? Others users like Francis have already found some work arounds.

Scott, sorry to say but my earlier proposed workaround is not an option as all internal comments are visible to customers when they get access to the JIRA view of the issue. The only workaround would be to track these public issues in another - non service desk related - project.

0 vote
Daniel Eads Community Champion Jul 10, 2017

Just following up on this for people arriving here from Googling. JSD-270 has been addressed (thanks for linking it Tolu!) and you can configure your service desk to let anyone in an organization (see documentation about organizations) see issues opened by other people in the organization.

I agree that it's a bummer that it wasn't addressed sooner and am sorry to see some people having a difficult time because of it. I know at my company we had to jump through some hoops to address people's concern about loss of transparency internally while waiting for the feature to be built it. Luckily though it works pretty well now, so folks just setting up Service Desk are good to go.

Hello Daniel, I have searched and searched and am unable to find the ability to "see issues opened by other people in the organization" that you spoke about... I followed the documentation you provided, and simply couldn't find it... This is a HUGE thing that we really want to implement, so if you could point where you found that, please let me know!

Susan Hauth Community Champion Oct 26, 2017

Hello Matthew,

Under Project Settings - Customer Permissions - Who can customers share requests with?  The ability to share also is the same as having visibility to those issues.

Cheers,

I appreciate the response. I left out a crucial detail. We'd like one customer to be able to see all of her organizations tickets in her portal by DEFAULT... otherwise, it's up to the requesting agent to "share" their ticket. We don't want them to have that choice. We would like all issues raised by anyone in her organizations (she's in multiple organizations) to be "shared" with her automatically.

Thanks again for your time!

If customers can see all tickets they would be basically agents. Crystal clear why Atlassian dont provide that feature. Sell more, earn more.

Umm, no. Agents respond to tickets across all customers. Customers respond to their own tickets, and should be able to VIEW other tickets created by their organization. A pretty universal need in an enterprise setting. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,138 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot