Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set the default JIRA comment tab to "Internal Comments"?

Zohar Bazak August 6, 2018

Hello,

Im using cloud version of Jira.

Jira Service Desk Application 3.3.0

Is there a simple way to change the default comment tab at Service Desk to Internal Comment instead of "Share with costumer"?

Please provide step by step guide

4 answers

1 vote
Steve July 12, 2020

Hi @Bastian Stehmann 

From your instruction, "Go to your field configuration, choose one field that is shown on the screen, Click edit and paste the JS into the description field."

I'm having a bit of trouble finding what exactly you were talking about, do you think you can provide some images?

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

0 votes
Mamta Kalwani November 19, 2020

Hello, @Bastian Stehmann ,

Can this script be run for legacy comments?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Mamta Kalwani ,

I don't know what you mean with legacy comments. 

0 votes
ebehrmann@mathematica-mpr.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2020

@Bastian Stehmann 

I am importing issues into JSD and the comments all need to be set to internal. Will this script work for that?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Hi ebehrmann@mathematica-mpr.com ,

Welcome to the community. 

This script won't help you in this case, as this only sets the default tab to internal comment instead of share with customer. So it works only if you add comments manually, not when importing them.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2018

Hi @Zohar Bazak,

welcome to the community.

I am sorry, but as far as I know, there is no simple way to do this.

You can do that by adding this Java Script to a field description in your field configuration for a field, that is on your screens.

<script type="text/javascript"> 
var initialTabHighlightSwapped = false;
function checkJSDCommentTabs () {
var tabs = jQuery("#sd-comment-tabs");
if (tabs.size() > 0 && !initialTabHighlightSwapped) {
switchJSDCommentTabHighlight();
initialTabHighlightSwapped = true;
} else if (tabs.size() == 0) {
initialTabHighlightSwapped = false;
}
}
function switchJSDCommentTabHighlight () {
jQuery(".js-sd-internal-comment").click();
}
var intervalFunct = setInterval(checkJSDCommentTabs, 1000);
</script>
Zohar Bazak August 8, 2018

Hello @Bastian Stehmann, thanks for the answer.

Can you provide step by step guide on how to add this Java Script on the cloud based version?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2018

Hi @Zohar Bazak,

I am not sure, if this works on Cloud, tried it on server only.

Go to your field configuration, choose one field that is shown on the screen, Click edit and paste the JS into the description field.

That's it.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hi @Bastian Stehmann

Is this code will work for Comment in JSD?

what i want is by default it should select as "Internal Comment" but not respond to customer.

Like Alex Lecoq likes this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2019

Yes, that worked on server to set the comment to default to internal. 

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2019

Hello @Bastian Stehmann 

Is there a way to reverse this for public comment?

To set public comment as default?

BR, Olga

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2019

Hi Olga,

Just remove the script, then it should be back to default, which is a public comment.

Like Olga Videc likes this
Harp August 16, 2019

@Bastian Stehmann I pasted the Script exactly as you have described in the description for the Comment field in the field configuration and it is not working. I am using JIRA 7.2.4 version. 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2019

I don't know why  but it does not work if you put it in the description of the comment, you have to put it in the description of another field.

Like Harp likes this
Harp August 16, 2019

Thanks for the reply @Bastian Stehmann 

I just tried it in a different Field's description in the Field Configuration and it didn't work either. 

Harp August 16, 2019

Oh wait, I just re-tired after clearing the cache and it worked, Thanks a lot @Bastian Stehmann  

The default selection now is Internal Comment, is there a way to switch the order of the tabs ? Thanks Again!

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2019

I'm sorry, I don't know a way to change the order of the tabs.

Chris Anderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2020

@Bastian Stehmann 

I am trying to implement this on our JIRA instance (7.12.3) and have been unsuccessful so far. any suggestions? any particular field it should go in? any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris A.

yusuf_kartal May 1, 2020

It worked on Jira  8.5.1 and service desk 4.5.1. Do not paste javascript code to comment field's description. Paste it to another field which will be shown on screen 

danna deaton November 3, 2021

This did not work on JIRA 8.15.1 and JSM 4.15.1 or JIRA 8.20.1 and JSM 4.20.1  It just showed the script under the field,

Florian Juillerat July 14, 2023

Hello,

It doesn't work anymore on JSM 5.4.3

Mostly because the comments Buttons are now buttons and not tabs anymore.

Does someone has a working script for the newest JSM version ?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events