Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up Project Automation to include attachments from Service Desk?

aline.bertrand October 31, 2019

When attachments are submitted through Service Desk, I cannot get it set up in Project Automation therefore they are not transferred to the new board. 

How would I resolve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2019

Hi @aline.bertrand,

If you want to clone issues including attachments and comments in Jira Service Desk cloud you can also try our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira

It's also possible to automate cloning by adding a Deep Clone post-function to a workflow.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support at support@codefortynine.com if you have questions or feedback.

Best regards,

Marlene

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hi Aline,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

As per the details you provided, when a ticket is created on Service Desk, you are using an automation to copy this ticket to a Software project, is that correct?

If that’s the case, can you send us a screenshot of it?

Please, give us more details about the configuration and what it should do, so we can test here to check if it’s expected or a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

aline.bertrand November 1, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz

Thanks for replying. I'm using Project Automation not Automation to send the ticket to a specific board.  So ie when I created the ticket through the portal, the attachment shows up as a comment. But when I'm setting up the project rules, in the fields to configure to Copy -- from trigger issue, there is no comment section or attachment section. Therefore when it creates it in my new board, all of these are lost.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 4.17.22 PM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2019

Thank you for the details. 

The Automation for Jira does not have the option to copy the comments. I found two feature requests on their Jira related to this:

If the automation runs when the ticket is created and you just need to clone the issue to another project, you can use the Service Desk automation where it has the option to copy attachments:

Screenshot 2019-11-04_10-55-32-554.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

aline.bertrand November 4, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz , thing is that I am already using the project automation to create a linked issue in a board, therefore I don't think I can use two different automations to have different set of rules when a ticket is created. Am I wrong?

Do you have an ETA of when this will be resolved? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 5, 2019

Yes, that's correct, but if the built-in automation has the option you need, you can disable the add-ons' automation to use the other one. 

Related to the ETA, as the features are not in our Jira, we can't access internal notes or check who is the assignee, so we don't know when and if the feature will be implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events