Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set a Cascading Field using Automation in Jira Service Desk

Chris Lockrey September 30, 2018

Hi. We use a Cascading Field to assign Issues to each Queue in Jira Service Desk. We are now trying to add some Automation which will require this field to be set under certain conditions. I am stuck however on how to set a Cascading Field as it does not show as a selectable option in the Automation workflow (see below) and I have not been able to find any documentation explaining how to do this. I am new to Jira so possibly I am just not seeing the obvious answer. Thanks for your help.

Capture.JPG

2 answers

14 votes
Chris Lockrey October 1, 2018

Thanks @Angélica Luz. Look forward to seeing if this can be done OOTB. As an update, I worked out how to achieve this using the 'Jira Automation' pluggin.

{ 
"fields": {
"FIELD-NAME" : { "value": "FIRST-LEVEL", "child": { "value" : "SECOND-LEVEL"} }
}
}

https://docs.automationforjira.com/smart-fields/advanced-fields.html

Capture.JPG

Benjamin Myers May 10, 2019

Thank you for this. Super helpful.

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Hi Chris,

I've checked that you opened a ticket with our support related to the same question.
I'll be watching the ticket and once it's resolved, I'll post the resolution here.
This is to avoid any possible misunderstanding or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events