Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the sort order of Knowledge base categories in the Help Center?

Sean November 28, 2018

Please see the attached screenshot of our Help Center. These are Knowledge base article categories we added through the Knowledge base feature in Jira Service Desk. The list appears to be populated in the order the categories were added. Is it possible to sort them alphabetically? I can't find any way to change the sorting.  I have a few more to add, but I'm worried that I'm going to have to delete them all, add  them alphabetically, and then add the articles again.

image.png

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sean December 4, 2018

I contacted Atlassian support and they informed me that this is not currently possible. However there is a feature request for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6877

Ashley Stevenson March 11, 2019

)-;

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2018

Hello Sean,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!
Currently, it's not possible to sort the categories in the customer portal.
When we add the categories to the project, it's automatically ordered alphabetically, but in the customer portal, it shows the order that it's stored in the database.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of the ability to sort the categories in the portal:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6877
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Sean December 4, 2018

Thank you Angelica!

I have voted for the feature request.

-Sean

1 vote
Pascal Offenhäusser (Scandio) November 30, 2018

Hi Sean,

you need to be an project administrator to change the order of request types. In the project settings, you will see the entry Request Types. Here you can change the order of your request types. In front of each type you see a grey bar, thats for drag and drop.

Here is a link to the Atlassian documentation for request types.

Cheers,

Pascal

Sean November 30, 2018

Thank you for the response Pascal,

I am a project administrator and can change the sort order of the Request Type groups, but the screenshot is displaying Knowledgebase document categories. I checked the Space settings for our Confluence space as well as the settings for our Confluence application. 

In the Jira Service Desk agent view these categories appear to be alphabetized. In the Help Center they appear to be sorted in the order they were created. 

Sean

Paweł Kosicki January 18, 2023

There:

Project settings > Portal setting > Portal groups

0 votes
Jary Nubla August 21, 2019

This is sorting categories. How abt sorting the contents under the categories?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi Jary,

The articled under categories are ordered by "last updated" and it's not possible to reorder.
We also have a feature request for this:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8350
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events