How can you track a Service Desk ticket in a kanban board?

I would like for issues that come in through the service desk to be managed through a Kanban board. As far as I can see there is no way of assigning a ticket to a Kanban board so that you can continue communicating with the requestor whilst tracking and progressing its status on a board. So far I have found 2 workarounds but they don't seem ideal and I feel I must be missing something here:

1. I have seen that you can move a ticket to a Kanban board, but this appears to remove it from the service desk preventing continued communication with the requestor. 
  2. I know that you can link issues but it seems clumsy to have to create a completely separate issue in a Kanban project and then link the two.

Can anyone help me with a solution of this please?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark,

You can create a Kanban  board and link it to the Service Desk Project. Please check the steps below:

• Access JIRA
  • Click on Agile then select Manage Boards
  • Click on Create Board
  • Click on Create a Kanban board
  • Select Board from an existing project then click on Next
  • Enter the board name then select the Service Desk project
  • Click on create board

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

I did this, but for some reason all tickets are being excluded from the board. any ideas?

We were just having this exact same problem.  Add statuses of issues into the query filter for the board.  This seems to resolve it.   Afterwards, you can actually delete the statuses and it seems to work ok.  This seems like a bug.  

I have the same issue! Found the cause in the 'Columns' configuration though. Add the statuses from your Service Desk into columns and it works smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

9,446 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you