How can you track a Service Desk ticket in a kanban board?

Mark Moon December 22, 2014

I would like for issues that come in through the service desk to be managed through a Kanban board. As far as I can see there is no way of assigning a ticket to a Kanban board so that you can continue communicating with the requestor whilst tracking and progressing its status on a board. So far I have found 2 workarounds but they don't seem ideal and I feel I must be missing something here:

1. I have seen that you can move a ticket to a Kanban board, but this appears to remove it from the service desk preventing continued communication with the requestor. 
  2. I know that you can link issues but it seems clumsy to have to create a completely separate issue in a Kanban project and then link the two.

Can anyone help me with a solution of this please?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 21, 2019

admin access needed to see 'manage boards'

5 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2014

Hi Mark,

You can create a Kanban  board and link it to the Service Desk Project. Please check the steps below:

• Access JIRA
  • Click on Agile then select Manage Boards
  • Click on Create Board
  • Click on Create a Kanban board
  • Select Board from an existing project then click on Next
  • Enter the board name then select the Service Desk project
  • Click on create board

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Dan DeMers January 30, 2017

I did this, but for some reason all tickets are being excluded from the board. any ideas?

Eui Lee February 2, 2017

We were just having this exact same problem.  Add statuses of issues into the query filter for the board.  This seems to resolve it.   Afterwards, you can actually delete the statuses and it seems to work ok.  This seems like a bug.  

Like Michael Jerista likes this
Kitty de Ruijter February 17, 2017

I have the same issue! Found the cause in the 'Columns' configuration though. Add the statuses from your Service Desk into columns and it works smile

Like # people like this
Deleted user May 21, 2019

Wade Sturman May 29, 2019

this requires a JIRA Software License, right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events