Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you prevent a response to notification of internal comment?

Benjamin Peikes June 6, 2017

We have a service desk which allows our customers to create and respond to comments on tickets via email. The issue we are having right now is that if someone from our team makes an internal comment, our assignee gets notifcation via email. When they respond to that email though, the response goes in as a visible comment that gets sent to the customer.

As you can guess, this can causes huge issues, to the point where we are considering dropping Service Desk. Below are some ways we've thought about fixing the issue, but we can't figure out if they are possible in Service Desk.

1) Have Service Desk figure out that an incoming email is a response to an internal comment, and create an internal comment instead of a public one.

2) Disable email notification on internal comments. This is not ideal, but would be better than the situation we have now where we can accidentally show internal comments to customers.

3) Completely disable internal comments on a Service Desk. We use HipChat, so we could possibly use HipChat for all internal comments. Also not ideal.

3 answers

1 vote
hkenny January 4, 2019

We are experiencing this issue also. Was there ever a resolution?

0 votes
Benjamin Peikes June 7, 2017

Branden,

I don't think you understand the issue. It has nothing to do with any of the links you posted. The issue has to do with email responses to notification of an internal comment. It has nothing to do with permissioning.

Ben

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Benjamin,

I have seen issues where the project permissions are set to allow everyone to Browse which has caused this in the past so I would start by checking that.  There is also an open bug that you can find at JSDSERVER-1984.  The bug deals with links in the comments.

In addition, I spoke with one of our Service Desk Senior Engineers and they said this has been an issue for some time and pointed to two bugs that have been open for a couple years related to this:

JSDSERVER-2171

JSDSERVER-2167

Please vote on the two above issues for impact.  This will also notify you when any workarounds come available.  Additionally, you can post any comments/questions in the bug tickets and the developers will respond to you directly!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events