Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i find from where (IP) the user canceled an issue

ronna July 25, 2018

Hello,

I need to know from where an user have canceled an issue. i need get the ip address from his computer.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2018

You will need to have put logging in place before they made the change, and ensured that logging was catching the ip address.

If you did not have that set up, then there is no way to know what the ip address was.

ronna July 25, 2018

can you help me to do that ? i need to logging that to get from where the user is accessing the system 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2018

It depends on your setup.  Are you just using Tomcat, or is there a proxy between the server and the users?

ronna July 25, 2018

I just installed the jira service desk on a dedicated server for this, and the users access through a direct web link

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2018

Ok, you may already have it then, but in case you do not, go find the server.xml file in the /conf directory in the Jira installation.  It should have a line in the "host" section saying Valve with a value that contains a class name and AccessLogValue.

If it is enabled, or you enable it, then you should find access logging files in the /logs directory in the jira installation.

ronna July 25, 2018

ok its enabled, but which files i need look to find the user ip?Sem título.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2018

It's usually the first field on every line in the files called access_log

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events