How can a customer view issues created in the service desk via customer portal

Scenario:

Customer X only has access to the customer portal, creates issues often.

Issues for the same customer are also logged by agents into the service desk. Customer X is assigned as the 'Reporter' in these issue.

Customer X needs to be able to view both the issues they have created in the customer portal as well as the issues created by service desk agents where 'Customer X' is assigned as the Reporter.

Essentially we need to be able to provide the client access to view all issues logged for their business without providing them to much access to JIRA or to JIRA Service Desk.

Any ideas?

I have read other posts which mention JIRA is working on a solution for this. is this real?

6 answers

Workaround

It does not happen as you can't define any request Type for issues. SD works with Request Types!
As an admin you can create issue on behalf of customer through your(Admin) customer portal. 
In Customer Portal name of the field is "Raise this request on behalf of" so you can select your customer there 

Is customer X able to access the "My requests" on top right of the customer portal page?

Yes. Customer X can access 'My Requests' on the top right portal page. However the only issues which display on this page are issues they have logged via the customer portal.

They can also view, comment and add attachments to their currently logged requests.

Hi there, you can change the reporter in the request form and then it would be visible in 'My Requests' Does that help you? Best Regards Rebecca

I've changed the reporter to several issues and none is visible in the portal yet. Even I as an admin can not see my client's issues from within the portal. They are all visible in the queue.

I run in to the same issue. We have a lot of people phoning our service desk. The self service portal does not add enough value if only half of the requests are visible.

I do not want my agents to log requests via the portal and then go back to their queue.

Any update on this? We have the same issue. When an agent creates an issue on behalf of the customer, the customer is unable to view those issues on the "My Requests" option on the SD portal. 

Any fix for this? 

You can automate setting the Customer Request Type as this needs to be specified for the issue to appear in the portal:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automatically-set-customer-request-type-when-issue-is-created-via-jira-859463969.html

Rob

Hi,

did you manage to write such a rule? I'm new with this topic :-(

When Issue created IF ... THEN...? Could you help me?

Thx :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

700 views 5 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot