How can a customer view issues created in the service desk via customer portal

Alexander Castorina April 16, 2015

Scenario:

Customer X only has access to the customer portal, creates issues often.

Issues for the same customer are also logged by agents into the service desk. Customer X is assigned as the 'Reporter' in these issue.

Customer X needs to be able to view both the issues they have created in the customer portal as well as the issues created by service desk agents where 'Customer X' is assigned as the Reporter.

Essentially we need to be able to provide the client access to view all issues logged for their business without providing them to much access to JIRA or to JIRA Service Desk.

Any ideas?

I have read other posts which mention JIRA is working on a solution for this. is this real?

10 answers

3 votes
Mark Hostetler August 5, 2019

Any update on this? We have the same issue. When an agent creates an issue on behalf of the customer, the customer is unable to view those issues on the "My Requests" option on the SD portal. 

Any fix for this? 

3 votes
Judith Leupen May 3, 2018

option 1.JPGif you are a frequent Jira user, you would be inclined to use the create button.  It is not possible to add the Request type to a normal create screen. If the request type is not filled in, the customer can never see the issue on the portal.

we now use the following work around:

Instead, when using Jira servicedesk, on your left hand side, next to queue, you have the option Raise a request. You will see a similar interface as your portal. This works well see picture marked in yellow.

I agree, if each of your customers have their own project, this is far from ideal. Alternatively, you can create the ticket first and then go the ticket you created and fill it in by clicking on it

takes 2 seconds extra, but it works and as soon as it's filled in your customer can see it on the portal. would looooove for atlassian to fix this though and add it to the normal screens to

option 2.JPG

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

Great! will check it later

Like Mark Hostetler likes this
1 vote
Molly Lara May 4, 2019

Hi everyone! This is one of the most inhibiting features in Jira. If everyone could please visit this feature request and comment and vote for it I'm hoping we can gain more traction: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1544?_ga=2.38192227.1966234491.1556912223-1867985203.1555094993

1 vote
Matthew Gaffney April 30, 2019

Any update on this? We have the same issue. When an agent creates an issue on behalf of the customer, the customer is unable to view those issues on the "My Requests" option on the SD portal. 

Any fix for this? 

1 vote
Rob Clough May 8, 2017

You can automate setting the Customer Request Type as this needs to be specified for the issue to appear in the portal:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automatically-set-customer-request-type-when-issue-is-created-via-jira-859463969.html

Rob

Katarzyna Stasiun-Zychla September 20, 2017

Hi,

did you manage to write such a rule? I'm new with this topic :-(

When Issue created IF ... THEN...? Could you help me?

Thx :-)

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

I am trying this (from the KB) and the JQL rejects the field "Request Type". Anyone?

I'm using Jira 7.4.1 & Service Desk 3.6.1.

1 vote
Judith Leupen April 6, 2016

I run in to the same issue. We have a lot of people phoning our service desk. The self service portal does not add enough value if only half of the requests are visible.

I do not want my agents to log requests via the portal and then go back to their queue.

1 vote
Sam Omidi April 16, 2015

Workaround

It does not happen as you can't define any request Type for issues. SD works with Request Types!
As an admin you can create issue on behalf of customer through your(Admin) customer portal. 
In Customer Portal name of the field is "Raise this request on behalf of" so you can select your customer there 

0 votes
Shreyas Srinivasa May 8, 2017

Any fix for this? 

0 votes
Alexander Castorina April 16, 2015

Yes. Customer X can access 'My Requests' on the top right portal page. However the only issues which display on this page are issues they have logged via the customer portal.

They can also view, comment and add attachments to their currently logged requests.

Rebecca Trinke-Faber April 16, 2015

Hi there, you can change the reporter in the request form and then it would be visible in 'My Requests' Does that help you? Best Regards Rebecca

Stojan Peshov October 12, 2016

I've changed the reporter to several issues and none is visible in the portal yet. Even I as an admin can not see my client's issues from within the portal. They are all visible in the queue.

0 votes
Sam Omidi April 16, 2015

Is customer X able to access the "My requests" on top right of the customer portal page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events