How can I tell the difference between a Resolution and a Comment?

Mr_ Snrub April 17, 2019

I have a Jira Service Desk request with lots of comments. The issue is Resolved, and the assignee submitted a comment as he Resolved the issue. My question is: I'm reading this whole slew of comments, and I have no way of knowing which comment is the Resolution and which are just comments of people, say, trying different but incorrect approaches. Is there a way to, say, make the Resolved comment Sticky? Or surround it with a flashy border?

2 answers

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Hi Mr. Snrub,

Internally when we are transition issue to "resolved" or "awaiting confirmation" we copy the comment to a custom field "Reason Closed" and show it on the view screen.  However that is ONLY for viewing the issues internally.  It's to help our agents quickly see how an item was resolved.

Cheers

Susan

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

Mr. Snrub.

A resolution and a comment are two different items on any ticket. When you complete the work on an issue you must specify a resolution in "Resolution" field. (e.g Done, Resolved, Rejected, Complete...e.t.c). A comment on the other hand is a reply or an additional statement on the ticket (e.g, Thank You.). Comments are either internal or external.

Victor

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Victor, I think what Mr. Snrub is referring to is to differentiate between a 'normal' comment and the comment entered in the "Resolve" screen.

Mr. SnRub, the best I can convey is that normally the comment added when the issue is resolved will be the last comment and therefore at the top of the comments. Agree it would be nice to flag this. You might want to provide feedback to Atlassian via feedback link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events