Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I integrate the Cloud version of Confluence into my Server version of Jira Service Desk?

JConstantine September 11, 2020

Greetings!

As I'm new to Confluence I want to try a free Cloud version of it, so I wonder If I can integrate it into my server version of Jira Software/Jira Service Desk? If that's possible I'd like to know how can I do this? Also, I would like to know if Russian and Ukrainian languages are supported by Confluence? And what site do I have to claim here:
2020-09-11_19-24-37.png

I'm looking forward to your reply.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Hi @JConstantine , you can integrate your Atlassian products between cloud and server. You can learn more about how to set up application links between cloud and server at the following page Link to server products from cloud.

Specifically to set up a knowledge base with Confluence Cloud from your Jira Service Desk 4.12.x, take a look at Set up a knowledge base with Confluence Cloud.

Regarding the languages available in Atlassian Cloud products, you can find more details at Choose a default language (Cloud), and here, for the server/DC version.

I hope that helps.
IL.

JConstantine September 13, 2020

And if my current Service Desk version is 4.6.x I won't be able to to do that unless I update, right? And what site do I have to claim? (marked red on the screenshot)

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

Hi @JConstantine, regarding the first part of my answer, setting up an application link between cloud and server products, you can. However, using Confluence Cloud as your knowledge base within Jira Service Desk Server/DC has been introduced at 4.12.x. See Jira Service Desk 4.12.x release notes. In this case, to take advantage of the new features you would need to upgrade.

This should be the name of the site/domain you are setting up. Claim accounts will be managed by your organization. Here is a link to a similar question about Claim accounts. If this is your case, you want to verify ownership of your company’s domain and claim users' accounts with that domain, you can take a look at Verify a domain for your organizations. Otherwise, you should be good to set it up as the default https://<site_name>.atlassian.net, where <site-name> is the name you chose when signing up.

Cheers.
IL.

JConstantine September 28, 2020

@Ivan LimaWhen I'm trying to set up links between Jira and Confluence I cannot create the reciprocal link. I get this error:

ReciprocalLink.png

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Hi @JConstantine, I can see you made good progress. I suppose you were creating the application link from your Server installation when this message popped up. Typically, this is related to connectivity. I can certainly provide you with some insights, but you would need to work with your system administrators to help you properly troubleshoot this.

Overall, you can begin looking at the latest Application Links Documentation. From here, you should be able to navigate to all topics - including the troubleshooting section.

That said, specifically for your use case, I would start looking at the Link Atlassian Cloud applications with server applications on the Link Atlassian applications to work together document. I would check all bullet points in this section, especially the first one. On the cloud side, take a look at the Requirements for linking to server products under the Link to server products from cloud document page. 

My suggestion, from what I've experienced, is to double-check the inbound rules on the Server-side to make sure the product is accessible through the ports specified in the docs I mentioned above.

I hope that helps.
IL.

JConstantine September 30, 2020

@Ivan LimaOn my way to solving this problem I've faced with another one. Check this out, please: How can I configure OAuth 2.0 in order to be able to create issues based on received mail in JSD? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events