Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are Products tied into JSD Projects?

Matt July 23, 2020

Ideally, a customer support ticket would come in to a single project (or queue?) with a definition of the product and version for which an issue is being reported. I don't see anyway to do that immediately. 

Is this possible or am I thinking about it in the wrong way? Any help in clarifying appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2020

Hello @Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using Jira Service Desk, a customer can have access to one or multiple projects, it will depend on the configuration on each project.

On an SD project, the administrator can allow any customer to access or limit it to customers the admins manually add.

For more information, please check our documentation below:

If you need that customers created tickets on a specific project, then this one project must be open and the other ones closed. I'm not sure if that's what you need, so we need more details about your use case for us to share the exact steps you need to follow.

Regards,
Angélica

Matt July 24, 2020

End result, I have a single team that will be fielding tickets from 2000 clients regarding 10-15 products. Since it is a single team, I would hope they don't have to check 10-15 queues to stay on top of tickets and we can maintain product & version for the tickets. Is that possible?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

Thank you for the details, @Matt.

You can use only one project and only one queue. 

In this case, since it will be 10 to 15 products, you can create a Select List (single choice) custom field and add the list of products for the customer to select when creating a ticket. Make this field required to make sure they will select the product.

After that, add this field to the queue so the agents can easily order and find the tickets for each product.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 16.52.28.png

Note that, if customers create tickets using the email channel, they won't be able to select the product, so this would only work for tickets created using the customer portal.

Like # people like this
Matt July 27, 2020

Thank you for the feedback. 

Last little wrinkle then, does JSD support dropdown lists based on another dropdown list? In this case, Customer selects Product, then I'll need the product Version, but only for the product they selected. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2020

On the customer portal, it's not possible to add dynamic fields. This is only possible using some add-on. You can find some examples here

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive future updates about the feature.

Like Shashi Matha likes this
Matt July 28, 2020

Thank you for the response. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events