Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can change the request type or an approach to do it?

Eduardo July 1, 2020

Hi, i'm developing a external solution using Jira Service Desk Cloud API and i need to bring the posibility of change the request type. I have read in the JSD docs that is not possible and i try the approach of create new issue types and request type for each request type that i'll manage but when i change the issue type, the request type in the request detail becomes blank.

Can you give any help to achieve that funcionality?

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2020

Hello @Eduardo ,

Currently in the API, and as you noted from reading the doc's, it is not possible to change a request type after the issue is created.  there is only an option to set the request type on creation via the API as covered here:

This is something we are tracking interest in implementing at the following Feature request, please make sure to add your vote as covered int he Implementation of New Features Policy.

I do not have a full working example, but there is a note in the comments of the feature request mentioning a possible workaround with the use of a Service Desk Automation  rules to "Edit Request type" based on various events, and conditions, that you could then use in app and possibly in a way that could be triggered by an alternate API update, such as having a Status changed Event for the automation, with a condition of status = a special automation related status change, and a then response edit request type

Then using a transition issue API call should also trigger the automation from the status change initiation, via:

So using this process you would just need to set up a different automation and custom status combo for the desired request type change logic.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events