Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How Do I Add Fields to an Issue Type?

I have created a Request Type with and Issue Type of 'Change'.  I am wanting to add Fields.  When adding Fields, the selection window tells me:

Showing available fields from the linked issue type: Change

You can add fields to this issue type by editing the create screen for this project.

So my question is where is the create screen for me to add Fields to this Issue Type?

5 answers

I went bananas trying to figure this one out. Not only does the field have to be enabled in the screen scheme, but the field itself needs to be associated to right configuration scheme context.

This was in admin settings > issues > custom fields > [your field] ... > configure > edit configuration > select the applicable issue types

WINNER WINNER!!!  Thank you so much!

Second that "thank you" - I was ready to pull my hair out trying to figure this out!

Very helpful, thank you

You are my hero

Thanks for this!

Thank you - this worked on the first attempt .

Got lost at the > configure part...

Like John_Traner likes this

God, thanks dude.

Like pallavi chaudhari likes this

Thank you <3

1 vote

Hello,

You should go to the project settings and find the Screens menu. You will see screen schemes for issue types there. Choose the required screen scheme and enter the Edit mode. You will see there the Create screen.

Thanks Alexey,

We use the server version of JIRA. The process you described above should apply for the server version 7.3.3 as well right? If I still don't see "edit" mode, is this because I don't have the admin access? 

Like Jason Diaz likes this

Hi Jeffrey,

Did you get an answer to this question?

I have exactly the same problem.  Where is the create screen?? How do you add Fields to an Issue Type?

1. Find "Issues" under Administration

2. Select "Screen Schemes" from the left section of your screen (should be a sub-menu under Screens)

3. Locate the Screen Scheme that you want and then click "configure"

Note: Make sure that your screen scheme is assigned to your issue type

4. You should be at "Configure Screen Scheme" page now. From here, instead of clicking on 'edit', click on the hyper link under the 'Screen' column.

5. Scroll to the bottom and locate the field that you want to add.

Let me know if this works for you. 

This is rather easy task. You should add field then add this field to newly created screen then add it to screen scheme and then associate it with Issue type and for the project. I'm struggling with doing the same thing for one issue but all projects. There is also Add new context option when you go to your custom field but you need to specyfic Issue Type and Project so that is no good for me. Any advice??

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

218 views 3 4
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you