Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with search for service desk issue by group

Mat Pike November 30, 2017

I have grouped my service desk request types into groups, lets call them A, B and C.

I cannot figure out the JQL to search for issue types based on their group. Is this possible? If so what term do i use in my search?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Hi Mat,

Although that would be really cool, there is no custom field for the request types group.  So you must set up your jql naming the Customer Request Types individually.

Hope that helps...

Susan

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

@Mat Pike, when you say Groups is this a custom field or what? How are you achieving groupings?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ is correct. Ha, she is always correct! ;-)

@Mat Pike, one thing to consider is to create a custom field "SD Group" (for example) as a drop down list. Use a post function or maybe automation to set the group based upon issue type. Then use JQL to filter by group. It is a bit messy because you will need to consider when an issue is moved from one issue type to another  to ensure the group assessment is considered and changed if appropriate.

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_, thought's on this approach?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

Too Messy for me.......I would just set my jql up as

"Customer Request Type" in (List of Customer request TYpe)

OR

issuetype in (list of issue types)

I tend to go for the simplest solutions even if a bit manual intensive. 

:-)

Mat Pike December 1, 2017

Although I am running an older instance of JIRA server (I am a project admin not a server admin so there is a limit to what i can do anyway) I have set it up similar to what is shown here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-the-customer-portal-732528918.html

The customer request type custom field is currently used to run reports on individual tickets i.e. A1, A2, B1, B2, B3, etc. so i guess if there is no way to select A and B I will just have to use compound JQL statements selecting all the CR types. Messy but if it works then it will do for now.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

agreed. I just wasn't clear what Mat's requirements/drivers were for groupings. if it is simply a JQL filter list then your suggestion is for sure the way to go.

@Mat Pike, let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events